Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 96' civic and a i plan on putting a B20b or a B18c which one do you think is best for my application. And also if i put in an integra engine do i need to put integra specific parts such as exhaust and intakes on the engine or can i use civic parts. thanx

· Registered
1,923 Posts
the b20 with a b16 head is a good combo, i know a guy putting 220hp to the wheels with a built b20/b16 combo, and its in a civic vx...
anyway if you go b20 you will want to build it up...if you just want to drop the engine in and go get the b18c.

· Registered
1,923 Posts
one of the mechanics are Jisatsu racing (they did some work on my girls car) built a b20 block with b16 head, he is running high compression pistons, not sure about manifold or cams though...
the 220 is whp, so that car is fast as heel...its in a civic vx that looks all stock...even stock wheels on it with the mini ruber doughnut tires right now. I know with more money he will do better though...

i am very impressed with the power that combo makes, specially since it isnt a fully built race engine...

· Registered
147 Posts
DaFez said:
v4lu3s- you said you know a guy putting down 220hp... is that whp?? And do you know everything that he did to it?
I have a friend I have been talking with over the net whos B20 Vtec is putting out around 230hp and 170-180 tq. And I know every inch of the car.
B20 with endyn RW 11:1 - 12:1 CR pistons, Eagle H-beam rods,
Head work, 5 angle valve job, Toda 3 cams, ITR manifold, GSR modified gridle, knife edged crank, 66mm TB from JG. Just added a JG manifold this past week. RC 310 injectors, cam gears, i could go on for a while :sleep: ...injen intake, 2.5" cat back...head milled .010, O-ringed block, oil cooler, aftermarket raditor sprayed factroy black, stock Civic with rims

· Registered
147 Posts
nope. I have spoke to Jimmy before his mods are close to this but not the guy I had in mind. But sence you mentioned him...yep there is another one.

· Registered
147 Posts
Call me old fashioned...but NO VTEC HERE. And I'm staying that way. I have weighed out the costs of everything and I can build a turbo B20 or SC B20 for around the same cost as doing the vtec change-over. I'm not downing the vtec B20's I just have already done an all motor car and want boost now. N20 I have done and still love it. Instant power...heheheh Laughing gas.

But my hat is off to the people who do all motor...it is insane to see an all motor street car go in the 12's with full interior in a Coupe. But a CRX would always be faster. Hell the HP:weight ratio is better than the 993-911 Porsche. 8:1 which is around an 11's run in the 1/4

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.