Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this probably doesn't belong here, but I know a lot of people in this forum are from Florida.

It seems like recently a lot of people's cars are getting stolen. 3 of my friends within the last 6 months have had their car jacked, so please whatever you do people, get an alarm, a quick release steering wheel or something to prevent them jacking your car. I am sick of this, and just want to maybe help out some other people if at all possible.

Thanks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
My friend moved to the Tampa area in August. His roomate had a GSR and it got stolen the 1st month they were there. He finally got his insurance check and bought a hatch with a GSR swap. Within the week it got broken into and the steering column was ripped out along with his CD player. But the new car has a chip u can pull out that wont let the engine turn over. So they left it with a broken window. 2 days later they tried again and stole his 6x9s. They said stolen Hondas are in the news everyday. My friend drives an M3 and it hasnt been touched!!! They must be freakin crazy over Hondas down there.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Hondas in houston get jacked almost everyday, dont matter if you have alarm or not. They used tow trucks and take the whole car away to their shop and have their ways with the cars. But those are the professional thieves and they really really want your car.

Since our 5g ludes are chipped, i think that help big time, and also not too many want to do h22 swap into civics or tegs.

I hate parking my car at friends apt complexes because she's so exposed. Damn one day i have to move to apt complex too :eek

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This whole situation is out of control. My whole point is just watch your stuff. If you have an alarm and it's going off, go out and check it. If you have a quick release for your steering wheel, pop it off when you go somewhere. And yes, if they really want your car, they can take it, but you can make it a little bit more difficult for them to do.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
turn your wheels when you're parked anywhere and lock the steering wheel and dont park backwards anywhere either

we had a problem a few years ago in my neighborhood with cars getting towed away during the night FROM THEIR DRIVEWAY :eek

things to prevent (or help prevent) towing of your car:
- park with something solid in front of your car (ie: your garage, a tree, anything that can block a towtruck from getting your car from the front
- turn your wheels and LOCK the steering wheel so they cant get it from behind b/c when they try to take it away itll turn behind them and give them all sorts of problems
- leave your car in gear (or park for the auto drivers)

i dont think i would care too much if they broke into my car (b/c theres nothing to steal... cept maybe the e-pass and the HU, but the epass is cancellable and the HU is easily replaced) but if they took the whole car id prolly cry for a week :eek:

·
Registered
187 Posts
A big ring of car thiefs were just caught in Florida a couple days ago. They tried stealing my friends room mates hatch again but they heard is engine start. they ran outside with bats and he took off running cuz there was a cop coming. the guy upstairs from them heard the window brake so he called the cops. The cops caught up to them and arrested 3 19 and 20 year olds. They were in a 240 with a Skyline motor swap. And yes it was the same guys who stole his gsr that i mentioned earlier in this thread. Well one of the kids broke down and told the cops everything. Apparantley they were taking them to Miami and parting them out so if anybody on here from florida Orlando/Tampa area has had there car stolen i would look in to this.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
2.0LMustangEatr said:
A big ring of car thiefs were just caught in Florida a couple days ago. They tried stealing my friends room mates hatch again but they heard is engine start. they ran outside with bats and he took off running cuz there was a cop coming. the guy upstairs from them heard the window brake so he called the cops. The cops caught up to them and arrested 3 19 and 20 year olds. They were in a 240 with a Skyline motor swap. And yes it was the same guys who stole his gsr that i mentioned earlier in this thread. Well one of the kids broke down and told the cops everything. Apparantley they were taking them to Miami and parting them out so if anybody on here from florida Orlando/Tampa area has had there car stolen i would look in to this.
interesting story...
and i guess where the $$ come from to get them a skyline motor swap... :mad :mad

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
nbn22385 said:
cool, now i'll be paranoid with every noise i hear outside :clap
i'm not gonna waste money on an alarm when i know if someone wants something they will get it. People nowadays dont even pay attention to cars when the alarms go off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.