Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thieves Ruined Ignition

hey everyone, sadly my friend has been a victim of theft. his car got stolen!!! luckily it was found and only stripped of its rims. it's a 92 prelude. well the thieves who stole it, apparently shoved a flat head into the ignition for the key and messed it up. so the original key doesn't fit into the slot anymore. could you guys help me by telling what to do? does he need to have that part replaced or what? THIEVES SUCK!!! thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
i'd just find my own flathead screwdriver to use from now on, screw spending the money to fix it.

of course your buddy needs to go to a honda dealership and buy a new ignition lock cylinder. :rolleyes

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Go to a salvage yard, they may sell you a whole new ignition switch for alot cheaper than the dealership. You can either have 2 different keys or see if you can get all the locks from the same wrecked car

·
Registered
115 Posts
easy solution

2kCiViCexVTEC said:
hey everyone, sadly my friend has been a victim of theft. his car got stolen!!! luckily it was found and only stripped of its rims. it's a 92 prelude. well the thieves who stole it, apparently shoved a flat head into the ignition for the key and messed it up. so the original key doesn't fit into the slot anymore. could you guys help me by telling what to do? does he need to have that part replaced or what? THIEVES SUCK!!! thanks everyone.
go on ebay they have ignitions with keys

·
Registered
665 Posts
go to a honda dealer. its ur ignition u need that shit mint. its gonna cost $$ idk how much prolly a few hundred. tell ur friend to not park in areas where people will steal his car. i refure to park in new york city, unless its in a reputable city operated oarking garage where i get a receipt and get to keep the keys, lol.

·
Registered
115 Posts
yeah like he said

ganjgremlin said:
go to a honda dealer. its ur ignition u need that shit mint. its gonna cost $$ idk how much prolly a few hundred. tell ur friend to not park in areas where people will steal his car. i refure to park in new york city, unless its in a reputable city operated oarking garage where i get a receipt and get to keep the keys, lol.
yeah like he said go to ebay and get it cheap

·
Registered
115 Posts
no prob...

2kCiViCexVTEC said:
thanks for all your help guys. he's taking it pretty well, just trying to make the best out of the situation and taking it as an opportunity to upgrade some parts. thanks again everyone.
no problem noob. oh my bad, i am the pot and kettle you are black mister.

·
Registered
115 Posts
why?

mike_sho said:
Goto honda, youll be able to retain everything. Also does your insurance cover this damage?

I mean maybe you can goto a junkyard and then have honda put in the right key setup. But who knows...give them a call see what can be done.
why go to honda when he can go on ebay and get an ignition WITH the key for cheap? sure if the insurance is paying for it get the most expensive ignition you can find, but if you are paying for it get it cheap. dont be an idiot

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sorry to bring this thread back up, but IT HAPPENED AGAIN!!! this time they apparantly tried to "hot wire" the car or something and they messed up the steerwheel column and cut some wires around the ignition key lock. now the car won't start up!!! the question is...what are all his possible his options now??? FUCK*N THEIVES!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.