Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
12,727 Posts
I like my N1 exhaust...its not a thermal but it will put down better numbers in HIGH end power.

· Registered
814 Posts
wutangben said:

but sounds crazy loud and ricey. (sorry) i just cant stand a loud exhaust like that. too me its not worth the power gain.

peace
i agree... im pretty sick of fart sounding coffee cans...

in my brother's accord, we unbolt the exhaust off after the header... a 3 tenth gain... before we go home, we bolt his exaust back on... nice and quiet, and best of all, its free...

· Registered
124 Posts
soon

I have ordered a Thermal R&D exhaust. The classic style with dual straight tips. I think that it will sound alot better and not ricey. My friend had one on his si and it didn't sound like rice on that so it should sound better on a prelude. The horsepower gains are pretty good, you might get more out of an apexi or greddy but i don't like the way it sounds. When i get mine and put it on i will reply to your thread and tell u what i think

· Registered
257 Posts
Well I have a new thermal exhaust sitting in my basement for my 4th gen. I've heard they sound good and the gains are also good for an exhaust. I'm kinda in the same boat I have no clue what its gonna sound like. But I can tell you that it looks awsome! Stainless steel front to back, kick ass!

· Registered
452 Posts
:vpleased:
Would I do this again-you bet.
The thermal is everything we wanted in a replacement for the stock setup. It looks great, sounds terrific, easy as pie to install. As to gains-there is no data that I am aware of at this time. Then again my ride is otherwise stock under the hood. As to the sound, you know something is different even at idle. The sound is very smooth after about 500 miles and really mellows at 2k. Interior sound level is (measured)6dB higher than stock, but the stereo is only slightly louder (2-3 clicks). You can have a normal conversation while cruising and even during acceleration. This exhaust is not what I call loud-it is a deep rumble and very smooth on both acceleration and under braking. I found that there is a side benefit from the smaller resonator under the tunnel-you can feel this system running. It is just the way they tuned the unit.
On the minus side-I got to do this-there is a resonance that I had to get rid of. Seems that the area of the trunk directly above the muffler is not deadened like the rest of the chassis. This is easily fixed with Cascade/Dynamat (I have pictures). Otherwise, there is nothing in the least annoying about my Thermal. BTW: I have a 96 Civic CX HB with a Thermal "stealth" as well - and it is not bad either.
You got q's-drop me an e-mail

· Registered
452 Posts
For a rear shot-take a look at my setup page on ************.com (dated 12/10/01).
For those that don't know--5th gen Thermal comes in only 1 flavor "Classic" STEALTH. That's right they put the stealth cones in the tips.

· Registered
4,233 Posts
i've yet to hear anything negative about Thermal R&D..i really wanted one but jumped ona good deal for greddy PE..only thing some thermal owners dont like it is the viberation/shaking that occurs during extreme acceleration but from what i know its not more than any other exhaust out there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.