Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 96 honda prelude about two weeks ago, when i bought it i was having nothing but problems with it( i bought the car 500 miles away on e-bay) so i drove down and picked it up on a uhaul trailer. bad idea i barely got to drive the car when i was down there and it had a really screaming belt (hid the other horrible noise) so i took the car strait to my local honda dealer and they fixed the belt but then everything came crashing down.
i have a horrible metel on metal kinda like fingernails on a chalkboard noise comming from somewere around my belts possibly the tranny. but then i noticed something else when i was starring in dread under my new baby. who ever owned this thing b4 me did a real number on the driver side frame ahead of my wheel well, THEY CUT THE FRAME TO GET THE H22 to fit, i dunno if they hit something and it crunched the frame back or if they used the wrong mounts or what but in order to make the bottom pully (crank i think) fit they acutally cut the frame and now the belts are so close i bet i could barely get a piece of paper between them and my frame... i love the lude but is it worth it, is this a common problem, the car was an automatic but was converted to a manual. so my main question is, are the mounts (auto /manual)different if i bought new mounts would it move the engine away from my already mutilated frame

please help i would hate to resell it it is such a beutifull automobile
ps. i live in wisconsin so tuner shops are out of the question....

·
Registered
333 Posts
I know this is a useless response to your thread, but I have to say how bad I feel for ya, man. I would just about shit my pants if that happened to me.
You didn't give the car a thorough once over before you bought it, and got burned by some pig-ignorant bastard that chopped his Lude.
My condolances and I really hope you get this one sorted. Firebombing his house may make you feel a little better :ninja
Welcome aboard SHO.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
maybe they cut the frame due to a collision. does it have a clean title?
also it might have been ready to total out when someone in a bodyshop baught it from the customer and fixed it them seleves, it happens

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
keep the h22 sell parts from the car, buy a civic hatch around 96 and up....do a swap, sell the stock civic motor, call i t a day, and run off some v8's of the freakin highway..problem solved....when a door closes , a new one always opens..

·
Banned
147 Posts
tienlude said:
keep the h22 sell parts from the car, buy a civic hatch around 96 and up....do a swap, sell the stock civic motor, call i t a day, and run off some v8's of the freakin highway..problem solved....when a door closes , a new one always opens..
I agree with you man... With some patience you can get a lot of money for the parts and make yourself your own.

About the Motor mounts, I did this swap myself and I also converted an Automatic to Manual. The only motor mount that needs to be changed is the H22A Manual (Driver Side) Motor Mount, sometimes if they have crashed the car, changing the Front Motor Mount as well, everything else stays the same.

I feel for your loss my friend :hug , but this guy is right. Get yourself a "Fast and the Furious Civic and make this swap (13.7s in the quarter of mile with no mods). :clap

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Spider'Lude said:
I agree with you man... With some patience you can get a lot of money for the parts and make yourself your own.

About the Motor mounts, I did this swap myself and I also converted an Automatic to Manual. The only motor mount that needs to be changed is the H22A Manual (Driver Side) Motor Mount, sometimes if they have crashed the car, changing the Front Motor Mount as well, everything else stays the same.

I feel for your loss my friend :hug , but this guy is right. Get yourself a "Fast and the Furious Civic and make this swap (13.7s in the quarter of mile with no mods). :clap
thats what i'm going to do when this car eats itself in rust. ohio is great :number1

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
That's fucked up dude...they shouldn't have needed to cut the frame in any way. The swap is a pretty direct fit-so whatever happaned is beyond me. Give the ass a call and see what REALLY happened...then let us know!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.