Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my greddy d16a thicker head gasket in today, tomorrow im going to try to put it on my d16y8 block, will it fit perfectly or will it not work?

its the only thicker head gasket i could find, and the greddy gasket says 92-95 d16a, and when i lined it up with a stock d16y8 head gasket i got from honda, 2 of the bottom bolt holes do not line up exactly, i also got arp head studs so i hope everything goes in good

· Registered
419 Posts
I doubt it will fit , if not just use a stock gasket and work on your tuning, standard compression is much nicer for a daily driver.

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i got the head gasket on and arp head studs in, head gasket went in fine

i got the head gasket from importparts.com, d16a hg on d16y8 head

i rather have a thicker hg with the intercooler as well just to make sure that the engine will keep running for a long time

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well the car runs good right now besides the timing belt whine, cant get the damn thing to loosen up....this is what ive got in it

dsm 450cc injectors
vafc hack
255lp pump
thicker head gasket
arp head studs
turbo xs boost controller ~ 10 psi

car pulls very very nice now, just got to wait for it to stop raining so i can run it at the track

· Registered
484 Posts
Aftermarket metal headgasket is also alot tougher than stock. Don't forget that.

I have the wine from my timing belt too. Got used to it. At low RPM, my timing belt wines and at hi rpm, the turbo does. Mmmm....sweet.

Oh, btw: R-Ideal also makes a thicker one, you can get it from F-MAX for sure. I don't know who else sells that brand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.