Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
it depends on which motor you are putting in. if you are switching from a non vtec motor to a vtec motor you will also need mounts, vtec wiring harness and possibly a knock sensor harness.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i m order my d15b engine next week. since most of the engine part cant be found in the states. Will this parts fit the engine :
i found most of this stuff on d-series.com and i wanted to make sure all this stuff was right before i order the parts.
water pump:cx
spark plugs :cx
spark wires:vx/ex/si
belt tensiner:si
timing belt: d16z6 ( do not know what car that out of)
cap and roter: will the ex/si/vx work ?
will any d-series clutch work?

thanks for the much need help!!!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
what engine into what car, man. i'm putting a b18b1 into an EG hatch which will bolt in (all minus the stabilizer mount) and plug into the existing wiring harness. just need to use the integra axles

·
Registered
714 Posts
If you are getting a D15B sohc VTEC engine your parts list should look like this

D16Z6 = 92-95 Civc Si hatch,Ex Sedan and 93-95 EX coupe
D15Z1 = 92-95 Civic VX hatch

water pump: D15Z1
spark plugs : D16Z6 (closer to the D15B's oem plugs)
spark wires: D15Z1
belt tensiner: D15Z1
timing belt: D15Z1 ONLY
valve cover gasket: D15Z1
Rear main seal: all honda 4cyl use the same one
Oil pump seal: D15Z1
Oil pan gasket: D15Z1
As for the clutch, im pretty sure all 92-95 D-series clutches are the same.

almost all of the stuff is interchangeable with the D16Z6 except for the Timing belt. The D15B is basically a D15B7 block with the D16Z6 head, and some different rotating assembly parts(beefier & longer rods 137mm, shorter pistons 27mm etc...)

See the pattern yet?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.