Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thing is just way too freaking loud. It sounds nice and all but its wearing thin. Sometimes i just want a nice quiet ride but that seems almost impossible. It also turns way too many heads, alot of which are cops. I think i might sell it and get something like the world sport. I want something with a nice smooth tone that doesnt sound like ur drag racing everytime u touch the gas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,123 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
568 Posts
i dont know what racing medalion exhuast you have, but my friend has one and its loud as hell. sounds the the green eclipse off f&f. i would get the apexi WS. quiet as hell dude. no joke. its quiet when you want it and fairly loud when you get on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
959 Posts
Yeah, you should really look into what you want in your ride. I don't know who the hell suggested the TRM but that's just about as loud as the N1. The silencer works better for the RM compared to the Apexi silencer for the N1. It IS impossible to have a quiet ride with any aftermarket exhaust. The Apexi WS isn't stock sounding, I hate it when people say that bullshit, that it sounds stock. It isn't. It's very quiet for an aftermarket exhaust, but not stock. If you want acceptable quiet with a straight through design, I suggest GReddy SP or Tanabe Hyper Medalion. GReddy EVO isn't as quiet as everybody says it is, that shit is loud sometimes. The Apexi WS is chambered, but it's still good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,520 Posts
How well does the silencer work on the N1 ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
I have the Greddy EVO and its not that loud. Yes when you get on it you can hear it but at the high revs I can hear the engine over the exhaust(could be the AEM CAI?). Plus the offset tip helps when going over the speed bumps:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,550 Posts
Eyetattoo said:
I have the Greddy EVO and its not that loud. Yes when you get on it you can hear it but at the high revs I can hear the engine over the exhaust(could be the AEM CAI?). Plus the offset tip helps when going over the speed bumps:D
everyone suggests the greddy EVO like its the best thing since sliced bread, but honestly that exhaust tip is WAY TOO HUGE. it seriously doesn't look good at all imo. :-\ sorry, but i can see why domestic owners laugh at cars with an exhaust looking like that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,550 Posts
i just went to the Apexi website and noticed that "super megaphone" exhaust LOOKS really good, i don't know how it sounds though and its kind of expensive, but thats the look u want out of an exhaust. other than that, the WS is probably going to be my purchase as long as its as quiet as Poodie says.

btw, Poodie: how does it compare to the sound clip on 00blackSi's webpage, cause i didn't like the sound of that one at all, no offense. but please tell me its not as "bumble bees in a jar" sounding in the higher rpm range.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
568 Posts
b16a2racer said:
i just went to the Apexi website and noticed that "super megaphone" exhaust LOOKS really good, i don't know how it sounds though and its kind of expensive, but thats the look u want out of an exhaust. other than that, the WS is probably going to be my purchase as long as its as quiet as Poodie says.

btw, Poodie: how does it compare to the sound clip on 00blackSi's webpage, cause i didn't like the sound of that one at all, no offense. but please tell me its not as "bumble bees in a jar" sounding in the higher rpm range.
pm me your email adress or email me and ill hook you up with some videos. i got a video of him driving normally, drag racing and stuff. it definitly does not sound like bees. i truely reccomend this exhaust. if and when i get one, it will definitly be the WS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,226 Posts
Lswanie said:
This thing is just way too freaking loud. It sounds nice and all but its wearing thin. Sometimes i just want a nice quiet ride but that seems almost impossible. It also turns way too many heads, alot of which are cops. I think i might sell it and get something like the world sport. I want something with a nice smooth tone that doesnt sound like ur drag racing everytime u touch the gas.
someone might have already said this because i only read your post..but did u think about a silencer? apex'i makes one specifically for the n1 and its under 20 bucks.. ive got the n1 cat-back with a dc header, etc. etc. etc. and the silencer is a big improvement if youre trying to make the cops stop staring at you.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top