Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys, i was thinking about buying a CRX to do a k20a2 swap in it. However, i've seen two of these swapped cars around and they don't have a hood. Is it possible to have a hood after doing this swap?

·
Registered
645 Posts
yes, it is possible to have hood with this swap. it just has to be high enough to clear the top of the engine. the k motor sits pretty high in a crx and even the SiR hood, which is designed for a dual cam head (b16 or zc), isn't high enough. u can have a hood fabricated to fit. you'll have to cut a hole. and either leave the hole there or put a cowl on it. it makes sense to me that when this particular swap gets more aftermarket support that some company out of the blue will make a compatible hood. but until then ur on ur own ;)

·
Registered
268 Posts
personally i would go with a fabricated hood on this one...you could get a custom job that fits great and looks even better for not too much money...then you would have a sick race car and a show car all in one........
Agreed :number1
You're going to be shelling out enough $ for the swap,...don't stop there. go with a custom fab hood and you can customize it to your liking

1 - 5 of 5 Posts