Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found some crower valves for 265. I figure it is a really good deal. Better than buying from a shop for like 25 a piece. I might as well do everything right the first time with this car.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
ur already making 192 hp.....i think thats good

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
97lude--- what am i supposed to be satisfied with that? I'm going all out man

prelude97sh-- dont some factories make turbo cams? I plan on boosting but i dont have near the money to do it right now. lol.
But i dunno, i kinda want to get the skunk stage II's. Will that work out alright with boost?

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
b/c i want to c a dyno....and i was being sarcastic..i'm sorry but there is no way unless u got a freak engine

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i really wasnt expecting to get that high, but honestly those are the numbers. why would i lie.

·
Registered
601 Posts
the skunk2 stage 2 cams wont work well with boost.. your best bet right now is to just stick with stock cams for boost or n02.

im confused on the route your taking with your engine. you seem to want to do a combination of prepping it for boost and building a nice NA motor. mods for each direction can be counter productive for the other if you decide to switch.

-i dont see the point to get new rods on an NA non-race street motor. waste of money.
-pistons, i can see if you are raising compression by a good amount to take advantage of the cams. but raising the compression is the opposite way you want to go if you plan on turboing down the line.. figure about 1hp for each .1 compression raised.
-valves, springs and retainers on a engine with bone stock internals is just a total waste of money. if you ever get cams, thats a different story. or if you think you are gonna have a bunch of 10k misshifts, it will give you slightly more protection. seriously, this mod is about as worthless as puting new piston wrist pins on a civic dx engine with 100 miles on it. MAYBE down the line it will pay off, but that money could have been spent on other stuff right now and gotten immediate results.
-cam gears and pullies seem like the most logical next mods for you. they are cheap and with the right tuning, can give you some damn good gains.
-cams and tuning are the next logical step
-a better header would follow that (id reccomend an-r)
-test pipe and throttle body are good cheap mods, too.
-mil the head to increase compression even more
-then maybe move onto a valve job and port and polish

with all that, your badass NA motor would have:
intake
tb
header
test pipe
exhaust
cams
cam gears
vafc
pullies
pistons
valve job
port and polish

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i know what you are saying about directional. I am still debating on what i want to do. It is really hard to tell right now what i want. But yeah, what u put down would be a sweet setup.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I don't understand the 1 hp for .1 in compression? The type S has 220 hp and its compression is 10.2:1 compared to out 10:1 right? If so, I don't believe that the redone intake makes the other 18 hp.

I say go with the NA motor tuboing the lude is so against the spirit of the car. I don't know just my opinion whichever way you choose, just make sure it is fast.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Andy2000 said:
I don't understand the 1 hp for .1 in compression? The type S has 220 hp and its compression is 10.2:1 compared to out 10:1 right? If so, I don't believe that the redone intake makes the other 18 hp.

I say go with the NA motor tuboing the lude is so against the spirit of the car. I don't know just my opinion whichever way you choose, just make sure it is fast.
i believe the type s has 11:1.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
97lude said:
ur already making 192 hp.....i think thats good
i think whoever did the dyno for this poor chap, scammed him. with those mods ud be lucky to be in the 170's in whp. there is no way ure making 192whp. i believe a guy on here named FrankKohnen, just built up the head of his h22a1 4th gen vtec and has more mods than u. and is putting out around 190whp. there is no way that ure stock internal motor is making 192 whp. btw, 98vtec is ure car not paid off? if so... why are u wasting ure money on mods if everything is 'tight'?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
98Vtec said:
called college. And i'm sorry ya'll dont believe me. not my problem.
its called... if ure in college and dont have money.getting mods are dumb.. sorry. im also in college. but whatever floats ure boat.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
prelude97sh said:
btw, 98vtec is ure car not paid off? if so... why are u wasting ure money on mods if everything is 'tight'?
i guess you didnt see my other thread. I bent a valve and i am just doing the valvetrain while the head is off. That is why i am going ahead and putting this stuff in.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
if thats ur lude that i looked at in ur profile..it's an auto?

how can u make 192 to the wheel with an auto with just those mods? tell me how..so i can do the same. :D

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
no shit, if hes making 192 with those mods, i gotta be at 225+

go get yourself a disposable digital camera and take a picture of your dyno chart. i'll host the pictures for you

1 - 20 of 23 Posts