Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well if you going all motor i'm letting you know now it's very expensive. Now start with your basic bolt on like Headers, cat back and hi-flow cat. Chose wisely; do your research. Also you can get pulleys, i go with Unorodox pulleys. I hope i spelled that right. Now comes the fun and expensive part. Get some cams, cam gears, and if you go with aggressive cams you need a valve train upgrade as well. With cams i'd go with Jun stage 2 or 3 Toda spec b's. Toda spec a is to weak for me. Then rasie your compression. When you rasie your compression depending on how much you'll need an fuel mangement system and ECU like hondata and there are other companies out there to; just do some research. Pistons i'd go with are Toda, Jun or JE piston can costume make pistons for you. Also you can raise your compression by .4 by just changing the head gasket. Toda and Mugen have some head gaskets that will raise your compression. Well i hope this help. If you need more info just write. Good luck:D

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Ok Follow me up.. i'm the all motor monster!

ok the basics..

Jdm 4-1 header
a nice.. exhaust of your choice... i specially recomend Tanabe R Medalion
Crank Pulley
Port And Polished R intake manifold
3' Aem
Aem Fuel Presure Riser
Civic R pistons

Cams.. do not buy skunk 2 please....

go with Jun 3 or Toda C or something like that

you need a bigger TB the mm on the stock TB of the Si is 60mm you need like 64 or bigger!
Phanton Grip Lsd..
Cam GEars..
a COmplete Ignition system go MSd or crane cams.. whatever you like the most!!

that all baby you will have a 180 or more Whp Si!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I was doing a little more research in the cam department i think you should go with Jun stage 3 and there valve train. Toda spec C idle way to rough don't get those. Plus Jun stage 3 idle the best and produce more peak HP then Toda spec B's. This coming from a guy who has Toda spec B's. If i then what i know now i would have gone a different route. Duce.:D

·
Registered
124 Posts
You say you want to go all motor? First, plan how much you want to spend, what kind of power you want to make? Just a reminder going N/A is quite expensive. Its a lot more work than you think.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOOKING TO SPEND AROUND 2 GRAND.
WHERE WOULD I START THEN, EVENTUALLY I WANNA THROW A 50 OF JUICE

vtecsex! said:
You say you want to go all motor? First, plan how much you want to spend, what kind of power you want to make? Just a reminder going N/A is quite expensive. Its a lot more work than you think.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well you got the CAI already so get your other basic bolt on; like headers, hi-flow cat, cat-back system and intake manifold. That right there is about 2 grand. Also don't forget about your drivetrain. Clutch and flywheel and lsd so you can put all your power to the floor. Duce and be safe.

·
Retired *********
4,663 Posts
First off you are going to me some kind of EMS, like Hondata or AEM EMS. Then look into some high lift/duration cams, like Crower, Toda, or Jun. Those cams work best at high RPM (9000+) and high CR (11.5:1+). New rods and pistons are a must, along with P&P head, new intake mainfold, fuel system upgrade, good header, and exhaust. The biggest thing is tuning, tuning, tuning. The best parts in the world won't get you anywhere if they aren't tuned properly.

Check out this Si, right now he is dynoed at 209 hp and 137.6 ft lbs at the wheels. http://godspeed.hack.net/Projectcar1.html

It takes a lot of time and money to get serious NA power out of a small 4 clyinder engine. But if thats what you want to do, then go for it.

EDIT: Sorry, just saw you post about wanting to only spend $2000. You probably won't be able to get that far with only $2000 (those Toda and Jun cams cost $1000 a set). You best bet is to PM JAYMAN320 or ich_folge, they know a lot about NA.

·
Registered
678 Posts
wow

and just think 209 at the wheels and he hasnt even bored to a 2.0. you know what kind of times hes putting down?

·
Retired *********
4,663 Posts
I don't know what times he is running in the 1/4, but if I had to guess I'd say high to mid 13s. I figure he is making 240hp crank.

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
Re: Ok Follow me up.. i'm the all motor monster!

MugenSi said:
ok the basics..

Jdm 4-1 header
a nice.. exhaust of your choice... i specially recomend Tanabe R Medalion
Crank Pulley
Port And Polished R intake manifold
3' Aem
Aem Fuel Presure Riser
Civic R pistons

Cams.. do not buy skunk 2 please....

go with Jun 3 or Toda C or something like that

you need a bigger TB the mm on the stock TB of the Si is 60mm you need like 64 or bigger!
Phanton Grip Lsd..
Cam GEars..
a COmplete Ignition system go MSd or crane cams.. whatever you like the most!!

that all baby you will have a 180 or more Whp Si!
Why do you say to not get the skunks?

My buddy has toda B's (actually for sale now) I don't like them at all..Sure he got some good power out of them, but the car idles like shit, and stalls. He dynoed low 170's but still only put a 15.0 down.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Re: Re: Ok Follow me up.. i'm the all motor monster!

v00tecsi said:
Why do you say to not get the skunks?

My buddy has toda B's (actually for sale now) I don't like them at all..Sure he got some good power out of them, but the car idles like shit, and stalls. He dynoed low 170's but still only put a 15.0 down.
My mechanic said to me "do not buy Skunk2 Cams"

Because "They Dont Give Power"

One of mi friends has a Si that put 218 at the wheels and make 12.7 in 1/4!

and he has Toda C!

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Ok Follow me up.. i'm the all motor monster!

MugenSi said:
My mechanic said to me "do not buy Skunk2 Cams"

Because "They Dont Give Power"

One of mi friends has a Si that put 218 at the wheels and make 12.7 in 1/4!

and he has Toda C!
From what I have heard, the skunks make decent power, better then the CTR's anyway.

Sure the Toda c's may be a great cam, but the setup your talking about is a track setup. Like I said my buddy has the B's, and his car sucks as a daily driver.

I agree that the skunks and even the CTRs for that matter aren't going to give you tons of power, but it all depends on what your looking to get out of the car. If you want an all power house, then by all means get the more aggresive cams, but if your looking for a reliable daily driver, with some decent gains, go for the less aggresive skunks, or CTRs.

·
Registered
678 Posts
idle?

v00tec, did ur freind adjust his throttle body after he put the cams in or did he just drop in the cams and off he went.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts