Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering a little about the state of North Carolina. Seems like there are some good manufacturing positions in this state. I have looked at some pictures....and it looks to be pretty cool. What can the residents say about the state of NC????

I grew up in MN and am now in huntington beach, CA. I don't like CA at all...and will be here for another yr or two gaining experience in my job. I loved living in MN..where i grew up, but unfortunitly...job opportunites are few in my area of expertise.

feel free to post pictures and comments on aiding my decision to move to this state. talk about everything...the people, housing costs, what cities are fun to live in....be around, etc.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I've lived in NC since 98. Lived in the mountains for five years and the beach for about 1-1.5 yrs.

The mountains are fucking awesome. There's rock climbing, hiking, some of the best whitewater kayaking in the nation, beautiful scenery, okay snow conditions (I was an instructor for a season), and lots of great pot (if that's your thing). Plus, most of the people are very downhome, friendly folks. Notice, I said most; some of them are scary-deliverance types without teeth and have sisters for wives.

The beach is good too. Lots more people though, but the scene in Wilmington is cool. It's a college town, so there's lots of bars/restraunts, and the social scene is great. There are a TON of hot college chicks on the beach EVERY day in the summer. Great place to go drink a few and meet some folks.

Charlotte is cool, but I prefer the beach or the mountains. Much more stuff to do. Greensboro, Winston-Salem, and Raleigh suck balls IMO.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
what the... said:
I've lived in NC since 98. Lived in the mountains for five years and the beach for about 1-1.5 yrs.

The mountains are fucking awesome. There's rock climbing, hiking, some of the best whitewater kayaking in the nation, beautiful scenery, okay snow conditions (I was an instructor for a season), and lots of great pot (if that's your thing). Plus, most of the people are very downhome, friendly folks. Notice, I said most; some of them are scary-deliverance types without teeth and have sisters for wives.

The beach is good too. Lots more people though, but the scene in Wilmington is cool. It's a college town, so there's lots of bars/restraunts, and the social scene is great. There are a TON of hot college chicks on the beach EVERY day in the summer. Great place to go drink a few and meet some folks.

Charlotte is cool, but I prefer the beach or the mountains. Much more stuff to do. Greensboro, Winston-Salem, and Raleigh suck balls IMO.
north kakilaki is the bomb diggity...i was there back in 2000 time

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
I moved to Atlanta from NC 15 years ago and i go back every year to visit family. It is very rednecky, but people are extremely friendly. Dell is about to put a huge plant in Winston-Salem.

Oh yeah and everyone smokes!

Basically it is a slow state and the cops are strict. I can't even think of anywhere that the speed limit is 70.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
silveracc said:
I moved to Atlanta from NC 15 years ago and i go back every year to visit family. It is very rednecky, but people are extremely friendly. Dell is about to put a huge plant in Winston-Salem.

Oh yeah and everyone smokes!

Basically it is a slow state and the cops are strict. I can't even think of anywhere that the speed limit is 70.
The speed limit is 70 on I-40 between Raleigh and Wilmington; about 120 mi. There's no cops there either, so you can cruise at 90. It's also 70mph on I-95, and we all know how that is. Also, there are these tiny two lane state roads in the mountains that have no speed limits. They wind through the Blue Ridge Mountains, and every so often you hit a small town and the speed limit goes to 35; but as soon as you get out of the small town, the sign reads "Resume Safe Speed" and you can punch it. Ever heard of 'The Tail of the Dragon'?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.