Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of buying a new integra but i'm not sure if its a good deal or not. The car is a 96 gsr body with a b20 block and a type r head. He has an axle back exhaust and a cold air intake. I personally haven't seen the car yet, but one of my friends has. It has a full type r kit and a cali conversion. It has 18 inch white wheels also(not sure what kind). 51k miles on the engine. 8900 RPM redline so im guessing he has cams and that stuff, but im not sure yet. Well anyways he wants 9500 for it and im not sure if its worth it. Please respond if u can help me out.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Kelly's says $8,595 (private party price) if the car is in Good condition (I'm guessing it's that or better) without any mods. Wheels, Kit, Head, Block. Sounds like a good package for 500. If you got the $$$ and you like the car I say go for it. Make sure he has all the mods he says he does first.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Make sure you bring it to a mechanic and get it thoroughly inspected. Im guessin the car has been raced-out....its not a good way to spend 8k on a already raced-out engine...it can lead to a road of many frustrations.

The choice is yours, good luck

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I'm going to go look at a 98 integra se 4dr tomorrow. The guy says that it just had a champagne paint job done, its fully stock with leather int. apart from some eibach lowering springs, i forgot to ask if its on stock shocks. according to him it only had minor dings from everyday driving so thats why the paint job was done. its an auto and it has 98k miles on it. he's askin $6500. Do you guys think its worth it.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
JAYMAN320 said:
Make sure you bring it to a mechanic and get it thoroughly inspected. Im guessin the car has been raced-out....its not a good way to spend 8k on a already raced-out engine...it can lead to a road of many frustrations.

The choice is yours, good luck
Couldn't have said it better J.

I agree totally.

Better to get a nice grandma grocery getter for $6K or so and save some more and do it all right without dealing with someone esles problems...

A.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys i really apreciate ur help...i decided not to get the car after some research of the title...it was wrecked pretty bad in an accident...that explains why it has a new engine/all the body work. I am goin to stick wiht my rs and i got an nx kit goin in next week. I can't wait!!

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
x3mhonda said:
I'm going to go look at a 98 integra se 4dr tomorrow. The guy says that it just had a champagne paint job done, its fully stock with leather int. apart from some eibach lowering springs, i forgot to ask if its on stock shocks. according to him it only had minor dings from everyday driving so thats why the paint job was done. its an auto and it has 98k miles on it. he's askin $6500. Do you guys think its worth it.
I'm assuming that you're talking about the GS since SE isn't available after 96..:) But that is a lot of miles for a 98, but 6500 isn't too bad for that car, I'd look it over very closely. Also find out how many owners the car has, things such as last oil change, if it had regualr tune ups, tranny change, belts those kind of things because its close to 100K miles and those things should have been taken care by now.

Good luck,
Jason

1 - 7 of 7 Posts