Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of getting diamond audio components for my si. people have told me that these sound great. im want something that sounds loud but very clear. what series component do you think is good? oh and im kinda on a budget also. ill probably be powering the components w/ an alpine v12. let me hear your inputs.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
depeding on the size of your speakers either the s600a or s500a.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im thinking of the 6 1/2 inch components. the m661 series. i found some for $230. do you think its a good deal? have you heard these before. how does it compare to others you have heard.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
2fastcivic said:
im thinking of the 6 1/2 inch components. the m661 series. i found some for $230. do you think its a good deal? have you heard these before. how does it compare to others you have heard.
yea..thats not too bad.

like what the previous post said, focal is a really good product. so is rainbow but its very expensive. i haven't heard focals or diamond audio but from reputation and hearing what other have said, focal is better than diamond audio. but its all on your taste.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i know that focal is better. thats probably why it cost so much. cant afford focal or rainbow. wats cdt? have any of you heard crystals before?

·
Registered
841 Posts
2fastcivic said:
i know that focal is better. thats probably why it cost so much.
Car audio mistake #238: more money = better sound

This is a total and complete fallacy!!! Simply throwing money at components won't make your car sound better. You are supposed to be listening with your ears, not with your eyes or your wallet. The only people that preach this one are manufacturers and sales men....work on your install....a crappy install with expensive speakers will get destroyed by a great install and mild components.

The market supports the pricing structure...meaning people will only pay what it is worth to them. The price has nothing to do with how good they are only with how they are percieved by each individual....

That said, I do like diamonds, but found my HEX midbass to be a bit lacking. They were accurate, but not the sound I was looking for. I'm not sure what they have done with the M6 series.

BTW - I'm not anti-Focal per-se....I'm just making a general comment and Focal was the example in this post....carry on :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
2fastcivic said:
i know that focal is better. thats probably why it cost so much. cant afford focal or rainbow. wats cdt? have any of you heard crystals before?

what is ur price range?
focal and rainbow have offerings in the 200-500 dollar range.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the most i'll spend is 250 for components. are the cheaper focals any good. i dont want lower model components that cost so much but doesnt perform as good as others in its price range.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts