Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a '93 civic si (hatch) /w a b18c and a dragIII turbo kit. I was originally planning on buying a 5th gen CX (shave over 200lbs), put a h22 in there and then move my turob kit onto that car.
But now, I've got another idea: I was thinking on buying a CRX HF (~1800lbs compared to my ~2350 gutted lbs) and moving my powerplant over into that chassis. How big of an issue willl this be (I installed everything onto my current car myself, so I don't mind getting 'down and dirty'). I know I'll need a mount kit.... but will the b18c fit in there alright? How about with the turbo? No a/c or p/s, so that's not a concern. But What about hood and road clearance? What about the turbo fitting in the engine bay? Is this a feasible idea?

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
Depending on which mount kit you use will depend on if it will clear the hood line in the crx. But with the mount kit the b18c will fit fine. With the turbo, once again it depends on whih kit you use. Some will position the engine closer to the firewall which will make more room for the turbo..But with the h22 you will need to cut some sheet metal. Also with either motor plan on hammering the driver side of the engine bay a little. Because under hard cornering and depending on the kits, your alternator pully may hit the fender wall.

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
I'm not sure which kits position them in the right place for you. The shop that did my swap makes their own mounts. I can have a mount kit made for you and I can ship them to you. Just let me know. If you want to do that, I need the year of the CRX HF and which motor your putting in.

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Your going to have major road clearence when shoving a B18c into a crx. Ive seen a guy done it and he only had about 3 inchs or so left till he hit the road ,his car was lowered of course. I say just get a Cx if you really want to go all out straight line racing and still be able to drive around town. Turbo will fit and everything should go smooth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.