Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm getting some good bit of money coming in between now and June. and i'm thinking of getting a bigger turbo before getting my engine rebuilt. i'm wanting to run an external wastegate, and go big enough to produce 400whp...possibly 500. for the rebuild i'll be going all out, sleeve, 1.8l bore, new rods/pistons, and i'll keep my c/r @ 9:1. i was thinking of keeping it simple and getting a t3/t4 57 trim w/ 60 a/r turbine, or something else on this site http://store.yahoo.com/cheapturbo/gartur.html that way it wont be a pain to get a flange. but i have also heard many good things about precision BB turbos. any help w/ size recomendations would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
dsrspwr said:
i'm getting some good bit of money coming in between now and June. and i'm thinking of getting a bigger turbo before getting my engine rebuilt. i'm wanting to run an external wastegate, and go big enough to produce 400whp...possibly 500. for the rebuild i'll be going all out, sleeve, 1.8l bore, new rods/pistons, and i'll keep my c/r @ 9:1. i was thinking of keeping it simple and getting a t3/t4 57 trim w/ 60 a/r turbine, or something else on this site http://store.yahoo.com/cheapturbo/gartur.html that way it wont be a pain to get a flange. but i have also heard many good things about precision BB turbos. any help w/ size recomendations would be appreciated.

ummm... 500hp torque steer=a real bitch, sort of that ex we all have... you know, the one that "confiscated" all of the belongings that you left at her house? the one that slept with your best friend the day after you broke up? yeah... that kind of a bitch...

not too sure about the streetability of a 500hp honda motor...

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm. i've seen hondas street ALOT more than 500whp. but thats not the topic of my thread.

BTW my sol is a drag strip/show car, i don't street it but once a month at the most.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
hobie237 said:
if you really wanna do it, i would say garrett t28 or t3... those are the ones that i've seen have the mose success...
lol really..... :rolleyes

Thats simular to the turbo i'm running on my b16a (.57 trim .63 a/r)...I think that turbo is good for about 450whp...It would be a good choice if your going to keep it close to 400whp...
Being that it's not a daily driver I would maybe look into something like the sc34 it's ball bearing and a little larger....should support your hp...
Try contacting the guys at www.cheapturbo.com thats where I got mine from.....I'm not to wise on the d-series big hp making turbo's, most of my dealings are with b-series....so I cant say exactly how it would respond on your motor....Have you compared flow charts yet? Thats also a great place to start...

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hobie237 said:
if you really wanna do it, i would say garrett t28 or t3... those are the ones that i've seen have the mose success...
i have a t3 on right now
b16ahybrid said:
Thats simular to the turbo i'm running on my b16a (.57 trim .63 a/r)...I think that turbo is good for about 450whp...It would be a good choice if your going to keep it close to 400whp...
Being that it's not a daily driver I would maybe look into something like the sc34 it's ball bearing and a little larger....should support your hp...
Try contacting the guys at www.cheapturbo.com thats where I got mine from.....I'm not to wise on the d-series big hp making turbo's, most of my dealings are with b-series....so I cant say exactly how it would respond on your motor....Have you compared flow charts yet? Thats also a great place to start...
yeah, i was looking at getting somethin large, i knew precisions were ball bearing and that would help the spool time. my t3 gives an excellent whp/psi ratio (roughly 11whp). but i know that it is a small turbo and better can be achieved.

·
Registered
255 Posts
i made 604whp I drive my car everyday. I don't drive with that much power everyday i do it around 450-500 on 93 18psi. I'm using the GT35R. It spools really well.

·
Registered
131 Posts
550whp said:
i made 604whp I drive my car everyday. I don't drive with that much power everyday i do it around 450-500 on 93 18psi. I'm using the GT35R. It spools really well.

with the gt35r do you have your Stock Radiator & Stock fans and A/C still in place ?

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
550whp said:
youre probably using a completely different engine too

·
Registered
255 Posts
I took out the A/C I run the fluidyne radiator and a summit radiator fan. There's some pics of my setup floating around here somewhere.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well alot of help this was, thank you b16a for your input

to the rest, PMs are you friends.

·
Registered
131 Posts
dsrspwr said:
well...

A. bump

B. after looking around a little more i think i came to choose this one
http://store.yahoo.com/cheapturbo/gart3to460tr.html

good choice,, excelent at the top end level.. pulls like a mad man....i had a choice to choose that turbo last month, but i instead stayed with the .57 trim spool fast and power at the top end level as well.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
alot of my choice was influenced by turbod16.com, they have top dyno list, this seemed like a very popular turbo. i think the highest dyno was usin it, and i believe there was even a stock z6 w/ this turbo producin 260whp

·
Registered
131 Posts
dsrspwr said:
alot of my choice was influenced by turbod16.com, they have top dyno list, this seemed like a very popular turbo. i think the highest dyno was usin it, and i believe there was even a stock z6 w/ this turbo producin 260whp

does this turbo lag alittle? I've heard that it does , but when it reaches its peak powers its a BEAST BLOWING EVERYTHING BY

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
once i rebuild my motor it shouldnt, but once again, my car isn't a street car, i want POWER!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

·
Registered
131 Posts
for the rebuild i'll be going all out, sleeve, 1.8l bore, new rods/pistons, and i'll keep my c/r @ 9:1.

if thats the case , you should go with a 10.0 comp better

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i would throw my engine into the grand canyon before i raised it to 10:1

·
Registered
8,193 Posts

Precision Turbo SC 63,supports upto 700hp

click the link in my sig or pm egvtec for info on it....$725,tell them I sent ya that way ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts