Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks everyone for the feedback on my video. I'm already getting some good ideas for the next video. I am going to post a video that I made of me and my dad in his miata. The song with it is "Born to be Wild". I'm very interested to see what you guys think. I know I'm not putting on the smokeshow that makes it fun to watch, but I'd like my tires to last a little while :). I would say that my video is more of a music video.

In case anyone is interested, I'm using a SONY DCR-TRV 25, and the program I used to edit was Pinnacle Studio 7.

Please keep a look out for the miata vid that I'm gunna post. I'll probably get burned because it's not a Honda. LOL oh well.

Oh yea....my radar detector is a Bell 980....high up on the rating chart. Works wonders.

Thanks again everyone,

Chris

·
Registered
92 Posts
i bought a Canon PowerShot S30 and it takes digital pics and video very well. it has tons of features. however it's kinda expensive. but, it's well worth the investment. it take videos in .avi format also but i have a program called Sony Movie Shaker that cuts, splices and reconfigures the film into any format i want. (.avi, .mpeg, .rm) i make my movie, upload it to sony imagestation and whalaa, downloadable veiwing pleasure for all those interested.

i also use Windows Movie Maker but i can't find a website that will host windows media video/audio format (.wmv)

good luck out there for all those future movie makers. i'm out peace

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: LOL lmao

tfhondakid said:
good editing and stuff but man, no BARE FEET. nice music, nice to know that i am not the only one listening to punk in my car. but really no BARE FEET. get some freaking CONVERSE ALL-STARS aka Chucks. man i have a kick a$$ pair that have flames on them. oh yeah and more people should listen to punk.

:gundam1:

\m/ it is the hand thingy. thank you, thank you i created that on my own.
I listen punk, what are some of the bands you listen to? I really like Brand New, Taking Back Sunday, Yellowcard, Get up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Saves the Day, New found Glory, Thursday, The Starting Line, The Jealous Sound, Rufio, The Juliana Theory, Hot Rod Circuit, Midtown, Something Corporate, Further Seems Forever, Days Away, pilot to gunner, Inspection 12, Finch, Box Car Racer, Astoria, etc. To name a few...

-Brian

Oh and Anderson4, nice vid. I'm trying to edit a bunch of footage that I took from me and my friend's ludes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The song is Get Free by The Vines.

I dont usually listen to a lot of Punk....but this song has great energy.

Later

Chris

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
i wish my canon a40 would record video clips longer than 10-16 secs at a time... sure the lower res mode does, but to hell with low res! and yeah, what's up with these huge f'n avi files?? i'm gonna have to look for that Sony Movie Shaker proggie. . . how's the usability and features on pinnacle studio 7? i might have to rip that off kazaa. . .

·
Registered
7,356 Posts
phan said:
i have a canon s200 and it records video, but only in .avi format. i'd like to change it to mpeg, but everytime i try to convert it, i get errors regarding the audio/video format and it not being able to convert. has anyone successfully converted .avi to .mpeg with a canon camera? the .avi files are so huge for a small 30sec file it's ridiculous...

convert avi to mpg with Virtual Dub and TPMGenc: http://www.vcdhelp.com/divxtovcd.htm

ignore file information step, in step 1.

ignore,
Press load and load the file which in the Template directory of TMPGenc.
If the video source fps is 29,970 load VideoCD (NTSC).mcf
If the video source fps is 23,970 load VideoCD (NTSCFilm).mcf
If the video source fps is 25,000 load VideoCD (PAL).mcf
If the video source fps is anything else else just load NTSC if you live in US or Japan and PAL if you live anywhere else.
in step 2 of encoding.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I've been using Pinnacle for a while now. I;ve had a few technical problems but overall its an easy-to-use program thats very self explanitory. Right now I'm learning about Vegas Video 3. I ripped it off of Kazaa and have heard great things. Good Luck bro.

Chris

PS. Next vid comming soon!!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I can view it also. I agree that you need to add more action to the scenes.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Never ever make another video again. LOL JK
I went to school for production good first vid I have seen alot worse and they were film students useing 80,000 dollar cameras. ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
InerTech said:
Never ever make another video again. LOL JK
I went to school for production good first vid I have seen alot worse and they were film students useing 80,000 dollar cameras. ;)
Hey,

Where did you go to school? I am a High School Senior this year and just got accepted at California State University Monterey Bay (CSUMB) and am planning on majoring in TAT (Teledramatic Arts and Technologies). Withing this major are classes involving producing, directing, scriptwriting, editing, ect. Hollywood here I come!

What do u do for a living?

Chris

21 - 33 of 33 Posts