Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking around ebay today i ran across knock off mugen valve covers
available in red/blue/yellow or grey :rolleyes: guess this just goes to show the whole
jdm thing is just a trend like poser tail lights and neon pedel sets...

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
how obviously fake can you get :D nevermind that these are like $650 less than a real one

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
What I'd like to know is why would anyone pay for a Mugen valve cover no matter what the price? Is it a "high-performance" cover, better than the stock one? Gimme a break. Those are for schmoes who just want their friends to see the name "Mugen" when they open the hood. If that's worth $800 to someone, I pity the fool! I pity 'em!

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
klungemonger said:
What I'd like to know is why would anyone pay for a Mugen valve cover no matter what the price? Is it a "high-performance" cover, better than the stock one? Gimme a break. Those are for schmoes who just want their friends to see the name "Mugen" when they open the hood. If that's worth $800 to someone, I pity the fool! I pity 'em!
yep...just for bragging rights :sleep: Oh well...they look nice but i wouldn't dump that kinda money into one

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think i'd be more likely to just paint the one on my car before spending the money on a new cover
hmmm i'll have to look into some wrinkle paint and see if it comes in pink :D

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
i just noticed those on ebay today too, i thought it was a good deal until i saw the word mugen "style" . i hate fake ass copies. but then again who would pay 900 for a real one.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
hahah..i came across these in another thread..i dunno if it was here on sho or on ht. but yeah the concensous is that they are whack ass rice copies... i remember in that other thread that someone contacted king motorsports about this knock-off and supposetly king contacted this manufacturer and they are supposed to take it off the shelves...or off of selling. guess they aren't listening to king motorsports.
:eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts