Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is going to be long.. but i appreciate your time and patient for sitting here and reading this..

I have a 96 LS Auto .. added AEM SRI, DC Sport 4-1 headers, and Apex N1 exhaust cat back...Tonight i experienced a problem that never occured before even when my car was stock or had the intake and exhaust.. but everysince i had my headers installed this situation happened twice. I'm not sure is it because i didn't have the o2 sensor for the headers.. i asked my machanic but he said i didn't need for a 96 integra.

I was wondering if this ever happened to anyone of you guys.. but here is what happened.. my friend was driving my teggy that night... we were merging into a ramp.. she told me she stepped all the way on the gas to speed up.. all of a sudden my car started to drive by itself.. even if my friend stepped on the brake but my car wouldn't stop..she even put to "N" hoping it wouldn't make the car slow down..and my exhaust was making this weird sound like *vrroom* *vroom* repeatedly so we had it back on D4 and after a few seconds my car was back to normal and we were able to drive it.

Tonight.. the same thing happened again.. we were at a red light.. green light lid up.. she stepped on the gas really hard .. cus she loves the sound of my exhaust .. but anyways.. my car zoom up and continued to operate without my friend's foot on the gas, no matter if she put all of her forced on the brake padle the car wouldn't stop, we had to slowly pull on the parking brake and that's when my car stopped. Lucky there were no cars around us that time.. nor it was traffic hours..

I never experienced this situation by myself.. only when she drived it lols.. she told me that she stepped on the gas really hard.. because she loves to hear the sound of the exhaust.. do u think that my LS couldn't handle the power of the aftermarket parts? Or that i need an o2 sensor ?

By reading my situation.. do u know what went wrong ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
hmmm i think i remember that happening to me once when i was canyon carving....

i also have a auto but its a LS i was in third gear going 70-80mph i let out the gas and i looked down and the rpms were jumping up... weird

i didnt think too much of it though.. i guarantee your tranny is giving out

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Your throttle body maybe sticking open. The part that i dont understand is how stepping on the brakes doesnt stop the car but the ebrake does? Your friend might also be stepping on the gas and thinking she is on the brake.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
acuradriva said:
Your throttle body maybe sticking open. The part that i dont understand is how stepping on the brakes doesnt stop the car but the ebrake does? Your friend might also be stepping on the gas and thinking she is on the brake.
that's what i was thinking. keep your friend away from your car. maybe your car doesn't like her :hehe

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sirfallsalot243 -

Could it be that i need to replace my o2 sensors? I heard it should be replaced every 30k miles.. my car is 65k miles now. I can't figure what the problem is.. my ecu .. my transmission?

DXE -

How did you lock down ? I wasn't driving so i can't be able to say much. What does it mean when my tranny is giving out?

acuradriva -

I had advice on cleaning my IACV or get the throttle body cleaner spray. I dont understand also.. i wasn't driving or look at her foot that time so i had no idea if she was stepping on the gas thinking that it was the brake lolz. She told me that the first time...she her fot on gas..prepare to speed up for the freeway...she noticed the needle hit 5k rpm that's when my car drove by itself. Second time was in way .. she already brake for the light and started on the gas after it was green then my car drove by itself again that when we slowly pull on the parking brake .. my car stopped.

flyracerx -

hahaha lol that's what i said.. out of two times it happened she was in the driver's seat.. i drove my car this morning and my car was fine, nor i experienced this problem by myself.. hopefully not.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
BabYxTeGgY said:
sirfallsalot243 -

Could it be that i need to replace my o2 sensors? I heard it should be replaced every 30k miles.. my car is 65k miles now. I can't figure what the problem is.. my ecu .. my transmission?

DXE -

How did you lock down ? I wasn't driving so i can't be able to say much. What does it mean when my tranny is giving out?

acuradriva -

I had advice on cleaning my IACV or get the throttle body cleaner spray. I dont understand also.. i wasn't driving or look at her foot that time so i had no idea if she was stepping on the gas thinking that it was the brake lolz. She told me that the first time...she her fot on gas..prepare to speed up for the freeway...she noticed the needle hit 5k rpm that's when my car drove by itself. Second time was in way .. she already brake for the light and started on the gas after it was green then my car drove by itself again that when we slowly pull on the parking brake .. my car stopped.

flyracerx -

hahaha lol that's what i said.. out of two times it happened she was in the driver's seat.. i drove my car this morning and my car was fine, nor i experienced this problem by myself.. hopefully not.
ok well, just take it to the shop and be done with it :tu

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
BabYxTeGgY said:
DXE -

it means its gonna go BOOOOOM!!!

idk why the fuck your investing in go fast mods without getting a 5 speed tranny...

you know your car will go from a 17 second car to a 15 second car with only changing out the tranny? right? lmao

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts