Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
19,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BabyVadah said:
Nice, plus a Metal Gear game is coming out too right?
yes I am getting the Adventure pack with metal Gear Acid and other games..

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
battery life > PSP

Can you scratch a DS disk and ruin it. no > PSP

touch screens are badass > PSP

PSP has better graphics > DS

PSP has a 4 inch screen (3 and 4 are both still puny anyways)

Anything else you claim the PSP does over the DS other than graphics/screen size = wrong

As for games goldeneye for DS is coming out in a few days and im more excited about that then GTA for PSP

SO =P

·
Registered
441 Posts
logikal x said:
battery life > PSP

Can you scratch a DS disk and ruin it. no > PSP

touch screens are badass > PSP

PSP has better graphics > DS

PSP has a 4 inch screen (3 and 4 are both still puny anyways)

Anything else you claim the PSP does over the DS other than graphics/screen size = wrong

As for games goldeneye for DS is coming out in a few days and im more excited about that then GTA for PSP

SO =P
you nintendo people and the battery life :rolleyes . fact of the matter is, it gets 3-6 at FULL BRIGHTNESS/VOLUME, turn it down if you're gonna whine about it, or *gasp* get an extra battery.

the psp games are in a case, and if you neglect your stuff that you let it get scratched, then its your own problem. i have yet to scratch any of the 200+ dvd's or the 100+ cd's i own.

if touchscreen was so cool, you'd forget the ds and get a pda, which is much more powerful than a ds..and will probably end up emulating the ds soon.

graphics and screen size..who cares, its about the games. and the launch titles eb games claims..looks great for the psp. where as the ds had mario..the psp has ape escape, twisted metal, metal gear, gta, and death jr. not to mention all the great games coming out after that.

·
Registered
19,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
animosity said:
you nintendo people and the battery life :rolleyes . fact of the matter is, it gets 3-6 at FULL BRIGHTNESS/VOLUME, turn it down if you're gonna whine about it, or *gasp* get an extra battery.

the psp games are in a case, and if you neglect your stuff that you let it get scratched, then its your own problem. i have yet to scratch any of the 200+ dvd's or the 100+ cd's i own.

if touchscreen was so cool, you'd forget the ds and get a pda, which is much more powerful than a ds..and will probably end up emulating the ds soon.

graphics and screen size..who cares, its about the games. and the launch titles eb games claims..looks great for the psp. where as the ds had mario..the psp has ape escape, twisted metal, metal gear, gta, and death jr. not to mention all the great games coming out after that.
my first PlayStation game (Fifa Road to World Cup '98) does not have a single scratch...and it how old now? (as old as my AIM screen name :hehe)

but yeah aren't UMD's in a protective disc you can't even touch?

Touch screens = get all scratched up just look at the demo units

Can you even play GameBoy games on the DS...nope.. :g

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
animosity said:

Actually ive seen the tests, and it gets 3 hours at full brightness/volume.

Ive scratched my cd's, Sometimes shit happens

If i wanted a pda i would have to spend a hell of a lot more than the DS is worth, and i cant find a single PDA that runs graphics as well as the DS. Looking for a PDA emulator for it? Wont be possible for another 2-3 years at minimum. The PSP graphics arent THAT much better than the DS, You PSP people are just haters

Im actually buying both systems. But i have a DS, and i love it. Do you have a PSP? aww fanboy is still waiting

If its all about the games there are more titles i see for the DS so far than the PSP.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
///M3ssican said:
my first PlayStation game (Fifa Road to World Cup '98) does not have a single scratch...and it how old now? (as old as my AIM screen name :hehe)

but yeah aren't UMD's in a protective disc you can't even touch?

Touch screens = get all scratched up just look at the demo units

Can you even play GameBoy games on the DS...nope.. :g

Well you take care of your stuff better than most people. I dont really know anyone without scratched cd's lying around.

Ive had my DS for 2 months and played it every day and my touch screen doesnt have a single scratch. People mess with the demo units, and im sure the PSP demo units will have some scratches even though they arent a touch screen

If i wanted to play game boy games, id get a game boy, oops, i have one, and it you really want to play them so bad, you can cop a GBA for 70, or a GBC on ebay for about 20 bucks.

Weak arguments, The PSP has better graphics and thats all there is to it, the DS beats it in every other category.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
All u guys are children...

Get out more, try getting laid. GB was cool when i was like 12 and stuck on a 3 hour trip somewhere. Where the hell do you have time to play video games when your not at home?

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
droneH22A said:
All u guys are children...

Get out more, try getting laid. GB was cool when i was like 12 and stuck on a 3 hour trip somewhere. Where the hell do you have time to play video games when your not at home?

I have a girlfriend and she plays my DS too. :bye

Of course i cant fully deny being a little childish :ninja

·
Registered
441 Posts
logikal x said:
Actually ive seen the tests, and it gets 3 hours at full brightness/volume.

Ive scratched my cd's, Sometimes shit happens

If i wanted a pda i would have to spend a hell of a lot more than the DS is worth, and i cant find a single PDA that runs graphics as well as the DS. Looking for a PDA emulator for it? Wont be possible for another 2-3 years at minimum. The PSP graphics arent THAT much better than the DS, You PSP people are just haters

Im actually buying both systems. But i have a DS, and i love it. Do you have a PSP? aww fanboy is still waiting

If its all about the games there are more titles i see for the DS so far than the PSP.
if you've seen the battery tests, you'd know it gets more than 3 hours. and again, since youre so worked up about it, turn the settings down and get a new battery. arguement over.

you can get a 150 dollar pda and overclock it, and have graphics close to it. and the psp's graphics are THAT much better. ds=n64, psp=ps2 (obviously first gen psp games can't compare with todays ps2 games, but you understand)

what does me not owning a psp have to do with anything?

please tell me, which games on the ds are worth playing....because goodness i just see a huge list of great games here...

Super Mario 64 DS Platformer 8.9
Feel the Magic: XY/XX Action 7.8
Ridge Racer DS Racing 7.5
Spider-Man 2 Action 7.5
Madden NFL 2005 Sports 7.0
The Urbz: Sims in the City Simulation 7.0
Zoo Keeper Puzzle 7.0
Mr. Driller Drill Spirits Action 6.5
Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 2005 Sports 6.0
Asphalt: Urban GT Racing 5.5
Sprung Adventure 4.0
Ping Pals Productivity 3.5

i'd like to know what categories the ds is better than the psp tho. its got battery life..but thats about it. it has weaker graphics, and no games. sure there's no loading (i can wait, just like i can carry an extra battery) but thats about it. the touch screen is a gimmick for me, i dont care if you like it. i listed the good launch titles the psp will have, you didn't post up one game thats worth playing other than mario, you keep giving us opinion.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
animosity said:
if you've seen the battery tests, you'd know it gets more than 3 hours. and again, since youre so worked up about it, turn the settings down and get a new battery. arguement over.

you can get a 150 dollar pda and overclock it, and have graphics close to it. and the psp's graphics are THAT much better. ds=n64, psp=ps2 (obviously first gen psp games can't compare with todays ps2 games, but you understand)

what does me not owning a psp have to do with anything?

please tell me, which games on the ds are worth playing....because goodness i just see a huge list of great games here...

Super Mario 64 DS Platformer 8.9
Feel the Magic: XY/XX Action 7.8
Ridge Racer DS Racing 7.5
Spider-Man 2 Action 7.5
Madden NFL 2005 Sports 7.0
The Urbz: Sims in the City Simulation 7.0
Zoo Keeper Puzzle 7.0
Mr. Driller Drill Spirits Action 6.5
Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 2005 Sports 6.0
Asphalt: Urban GT Racing 5.5
Sprung Adventure 4.0
Ping Pals Productivity 3.5

i'd like to know what categories the ds is better than the psp tho. its got battery life..but thats about it. it has weaker graphics, and no games. sure there's no loading (i can wait, just like i can carry an extra battery) but thats about it. the touch screen is a gimmick for me, i dont care if you like it. i listed the good launch titles the psp will have, you didn't post up one game thats worth playing other than mario, you keep giving us opinion.
There is no way you will buy a 150 dollar PDA and OC and run DS games on it. If you pull that off i will buy you a PSP. Also main processor clock speeds have nothing to do with graphics. There is no PDA out right now with a screen capable of running DS games at the quality they were designed. Its just not possible

I HAVE seen the battery tests. They are at IGN. 3 hours and 12 minutes for ridge racer. And why the heck would i want to carry around an extra battery. So saying that i can get another battery for my DS and get 20 hours of playtime

PS2 = 75 Million Polygons Per Second
PSP = 35 million polygon per second

As for your PSP=PS2 graphics comparison you are wrong. The PSP is not equal to the PS2. The PS2 has almost twice the polygon count of the PSP. The DS is actually slightly better than the N64. You make assumptions based on word of mouth

Your list of DS games are the ones that are currently out, PSP has ZERO games currently out, so whats up with your great list now? I have asphalt and its definitely fun. Mario Kart is coming out, goldeneye is coming out, metroid is coming out. All great games

And i stated the reasons the DS is better. The PSP has better graphics and nothing else. You claim i talk based on opinion but im buying both systems and dont believe the DS is actually better. Im just sick of people shitting on it when they dont have a damn clue what they are talking about

·
Registered
19,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
logikal x said:
There is no way you will buy a 150 dollar PDA and OC and run DS games on it. If you pull that off i will buy you a PSP. Also main processor clock speeds have nothing to do with graphics. There is no PDA out right now with a screen capable of running DS games at the quality they were designed. Its just not possible

I HAVE seen the battery tests. They are at IGN. 3 hours and 12 minutes for ridge racer. And why the heck would i want to carry around an extra battery. So saying that i can get another battery for my DS and get 20 hours of playtime

PS2 = 75 Million Polygons Per Second
PSP = 35 million polygon per second

As for your PSP=PS2 graphics comparison you are wrong. The PSP is not equal to the PS2. The PS2 has almost twice the polygon count of the PSP. The DS is actually slightly better than the N64. You make assumptions based on word of mouth

Your list of DS games are the ones that are currently out, PSP has ZERO games currently out, so whats up with your great list now? I have asphalt and its definitely fun. Mario Kart is coming out, goldeneye is coming out, metroid is coming out. All great games

And i stated the reasons the DS is better. The PSP has better graphics and nothing else. You claim i talk based on opinion but im buying both systems and dont believe the DS is actually better. Im just sick of people shitting on it when they dont have a damn clue what they are talking about
however the polygons don't need to be larger or equal to the PS2 because of the small screen, they'll look nearly identical

1 - 20 of 47 Posts