Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Gravedigger....But well said none the less.......Welcome to sho..............

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got a kit to

L0g1k said:
Well I saw this post from the ssautochrome feeback page.

I wanted to make something similar.

I bought a semi kit from ssautochrome.

Manifold, intercooler, piping, downpipe, external wastegate, etc.

First the spring was supposed to be a 7 psi spring, it came with a 14 psi spring. Good chance I noticed, I'm putting this on my stock engine :mad

The kit was missing some collar and silicone hoses.

I removed my old manifold and began test fiting. Nothing fits. And when I say nothing, I mean nothing!

You obviously can't keep the AC with their kit. I was installing it to an integra and the turbo goes exactly where the radiator is supposed to be. I had to buy a SiR radiator to fit the kit. The piping doesn't fit at all.
The wastegate was bolting right into the Civic radiator. I had to get my friend to cut the wastegate port on the manifold and make it fit in the engine bay.

The downpipe doesn't fit behind the oil pan, it had to me modified.

Nothing would fit on the piping so my friend (who fortunatly knows how to weld) made me custom piping from A to Z.

The exhaust flange on the downpipe is not compatible with a honda exhaust, so it had to be cut and fitted.

The downpipe By the way, blocks the internal turbo wastegate housing so that's why I had to use and external wastegate.

Now once installed, we started the car up, in 10 seconds whe manifold changed color and will most likely become really ugly.

The turbo works well and spools fast, the intercooler seems to work fine but since I don't have any fuel management yet I'm not driving the car...

It finally works, but if you think this kit is bolt on, think again....

Iordered a kit from them to . Ididnt get any specs on my products. I dont know how many psi anything is.the company wont reply to my emails either. :mad

·
Registered
3 Posts
chriss94civic said:
Iordered a kit from them to . Ididnt get any specs on my products. I dont know how many psi anything is.the company wont reply to my emails either. :mad
I am noy replying to you to be a dick to you, I just hope that others that are thinking about buying anything from SSAUTOCHROME will be able to read this.

The reason that they do not respond to emails is because they have no clue about what they are selling. NONE of them are techs. Most of them are assholes. Just look at the replies that they give to the people that leave them negative feedback. The feedbacks are really funny to read. Even if anyone there had a clue over there, they would never know any specs about the turbos because the turbos are all copies of Garrett's design. These Chinese turbos that SSAUTOCHROME, XSPOWER or anyone else sells are NOT TESTED. They never test anything to see if they work. That is why you will never get any CFM or PSIG #s from them. If you read their descriptions they always say "will flow like Garrett xx turbo". There are never any specific #s, unless they just take the #s off of the Garrett literature, which is commonplace for a lot of companies that copy parts.

·
Registered
36 Posts
L0g1k said:
Well I saw this post from the ssautochrome feeback page.

I wanted to make something similar.

I bought a semi kit from ssautochrome.

Manifold, intercooler, piping, downpipe, external wastegate, etc.

First the spring was supposed to be a 7 psi spring, it came with a 14 psi spring. Good chance I noticed, I'm putting this on my stock engine :mad

The kit was missing some collar and silicone hoses.

I removed my old manifold and began test fiting. Nothing fits. And when I say nothing, I mean nothing!

You obviously can't keep the AC with their kit. I was installing it to an integra and the turbo goes exactly where the radiator is supposed to be. I had to buy a SiR radiator to fit the kit. The piping doesn't fit at all.
The wastegate was bolting right into the Civic radiator. I had to get my friend to cut the wastegate port on the manifold and make it fit in the engine bay.

The downpipe doesn't fit behind the oil pan, it had to me modified.

Nothing would fit on the piping so my friend (who fortunatly knows how to weld) made me custom piping from A to Z.

The exhaust flange on the downpipe is not compatible with a honda exhaust, so it had to be cut and fitted.

The downpipe By the way, blocks the internal turbo wastegate housing so that's why I had to use and external wastegate.

Now once installed, we started the car up, in 10 seconds whe manifold changed color and will most likely become really ugly.

The turbo works well and spools fast, the intercooler seems to work fine but since I don't have any fuel management yet I'm not driving the car...

It finally works, but if you think this kit is bolt on, think again....
How can you tell the diffrance between a 7psi. spring and a 14 psi spring.

·
Registered
57 Posts
OMG, i'm glad i found this forum and this thread. I was contemplating buying one of those kits but i thought "thats way cheap" so i was gonna post here and see if anyone actually got one.. glad i seen this. eff those kits. haha

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Well I gave SSAC the benefit of the doubt before their product screwed up on me. I just found out that one of the braces on my manifold has broken off clean.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Hey I just bought a SSAUTO mani to do some test on so I can find all the weak points. I am thinking of trying to gather a case against them and getting them either shutdown or made liable for all the faulty products they make and sale.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I have used this on a zc swap the kit worked out great we got the mani t3/t4 turbo and down pipe my only complaint is the down pipe wasnt long enough to reach the cat but big fucking deal i paid 300 for turbo mani and dp i had a 15 dollar fix. I didnt opt to go with thier wg and bov and all that crap but my experiance was a good one and ill probly repeat buy for my integra so dont believe everthing you read.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
accord_limited1 said:
I have used this on a zc swap the kit worked out great we got the mani t3/t4 turbo and down pipe my only complaint is the down pipe wasnt long enough to reach the cat but big fucking deal i paid 300 for turbo mani and dp i had a 15 dollar fix. I didnt opt to go with thier wg and bov and all that crap but my experiance was a good one and ill probly repeat buy for my integra so dont believe everthing you read.
No offense to you but the thread starter owns you with with knowledge.....Id believe him over you.......... ;) Not that id buy that junk crap for either of my cars.......or any car Id ever own. Huge quality name >

·
Registered
567 Posts
lol what does knowledge and his and mine have to do with anything ?? i simply stated it worked out great for me I dont recall hearing him using the kit himself just other oppions so what does his knowledge have to do with anything? YEs you get what you pay for you may have to make minor but these kits work out just fine the zc is pushing 255whp kits been installed for a little over a year no problems what so ever 1k tottal cost of parts.find ME a kit for 1000bucks that can make such a boast and ill take a look. So a far as knowledge again wtf does that have to do with anything i have used the kit and it works GREAT!

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
accord_limited1 said:
lol what does knowledge and his and mine have to do with anything ?? i simply stated it worked out great for me I dont recall hearing him using the kit himself just other oppions so what does his knowledge have to do with anything? YEs you get what you pay for you may have to make minor but these kits work out just fine the zc is pushing 255whp kits been installed for a little over a year no problems what so ever 1k tottal cost of parts.find ME a kit for 1000bucks that can make such a boast and ill take a look. So a far as knowledge again wtf does that have to do with anything i have used the kit and it works GREAT!
Okay well this is what you said why I said what I said

accord_limited1 said:
Dont believe everything you read. is why I repsonded with what I did. Sorry if It had seemed I was insulting you. I wasnt I just wanted you to understand he has no reason to lie hence the reason this is a stickied thread becausre there stuff is trash.he has used the kit hes installed it on someone elses car. Yes you got lucky yours was a EXTREME minority.Which is cool im glad for you no joke. Most of the time you have to alter the kit alot to even get it to work.

Sorry if it seemed like I was bashing you or insulting your intelligence :hug

·
Registered
9 Posts
chriss94civic said:
How can you tell the diffrance between a 7psi. spring and a 14 psi spring.
The spring collor. I found the information on ssautochrome.com

You can also mesure it.
I'm studiing in engineering and you can mesure the surface of the spring (PI*(Diameter/2)^2) and calculate how mutch pressure you can put on the spring before it goes down to open the wastegate.

Let's say you get a 5 squared inch surface and you want 7psi or pound per square inch, you need 35 pounds to open the wastegate.

It's approximate, but it worked for me. (for the 14 psi I was unable to put enough weight to contract the spring enough to simulate the wastegate opening)

·
Registered
9 Posts
accord_limited1 said:
SSautochrome turbos don't use internal wastegate? So your not using any wastegate AT ALL???

You got lucky with your kit. I guess you did all the piping by yourself?

The thing is with things made in china is that they don't get any quality control. So your might be good, but the guy next to you won't have anything good.

I also heard from a turbo rebuilder that their turbos are not balanced. This is problematic because when turning at 100 000 rpms the turbo must be perfectly ballenced.

The good thing about their Garret copys is that you can rebuild a SSautochrome turbo with garret parts and you can get a good and reliable turbo. But basically you'dd be paying only for a housing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
there was a guy at the track, he had one. he said they just sent him a ton of pipin but he hasnt had really a problem with it, and he said that recently they made the manifolds thicker, and stuff. he ran 14.5 and his best was 14.1. he told me they werent bad n he even talked to the people. but thats just what i heard, i am goin to turbo after i get my head on but im going custom or with greddy. i wouldnt trust them to much

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
It usually works, but for how long is the question. And there are way too many horror stories already and the price of SSAC stuff is so cheap thats the first warning flag to stay away, and XS Power is the same trash.

·
Registered
567 Posts
omg fucking idiot yes im using no waste gate. we should put a age limit in turbo forums so we dont get replys like this ;P and as far as ss auto i resently purchased another kit for my integra no problems at all. Agian i used my own waste gate bov and of course fuel management small price to pay. As far as turbos no being balanced if the turbo wasnt balanced it would seize turbos dont allow such tollerances also he offers 1 year warrenties on most of his turbos.

anyway civic i boosted running like a dream still no problems. integra 8lbs 1000 bucks into it im going to go get it dynoed i let you all know how it comes out

·
Registered
567 Posts
ps about that bull shit you can rebuild them with garret internals thats what they have in the first place

41 - 60 of 89 Posts