Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
the only thing that can be useful from ss autochrome for hondas is their intercoolers other than that the manifold, fuel rails, turbos, cranks, and cams sucks, i started with a ss kit and ended up replacing the manifold and turbo, i bought my own rc injectors and bov and ecu though...oh yeah their fuel rail was bling bling though...almost a copy of str

·
Registered
325 Posts
speaking on DC sport header, My friend has *True* DC Sports header on his civic ex, and it looks like shit, it isn't that old but it's all grey and shit and starting to peel, and i know for a fact it's a true..not to mention the badge but i was with him when he purchased it, i mean hell i gota eBay 4-1 stainless racing header for like 88 bucks to my door and got more compliments on it than my greddy cat back or my greddy short throw shifter..... with some brands your only buying their name, that's why i buy cheap but*RELIABLE* shit, i won't go out and buy SSAC but maybe a T04E turbo, mani, DP flange, and oil feed line for like 300 bucks, yeah i would do that, mainly because it's hard for me to get a total of 3 grand or whatever it might take to get a *so called Quality turbo kit, or a turbo kit with a expensive name badge stuck to it! This is my opinion, but this thread is good it expresses alot of different opinions...!

L0g1k said:
The ssmanifolds is tig welded so it's not that bad. Actually, the welding quality impressed me. That's pretty much the only thing that impressed me.

The stainless of the manifold seems to be pretty thin too. Well it's thicker than a DC sport headder imitation sold on Ebay, but it's about the same thickness (if not a bit thinner) than a real DC sport headder. For a turbo application, I'm a bit worried. The flange are really thick tough, that's at least one thing I can rely on.

·
Registered
65 Posts
what ive seen with ss autochrome manifolds are they are like crack adicts always needing cracks....but maybe your manifold went to rehab or somethin..

·
Registered
567 Posts
Mitsubishi uses garret turbos. Like i said about 200million posts ago my experiance was good on multiple cars. I agree most of the problems are a result of people who have no idea what they are doing. These are not complete kits and are not set up to just bolt on keep this in mind and do some research and with a bit of work you can get a decient kit.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
The PVC will definatly hold the pressure, lol AND the heat. The biggest problem I would see is that it could easily fracture if it got jostled around at all.

Ever taken a walmart garden hose (not the lifetime warranty) and tightened up a nozzle while the hose had a little pressure on it? It breaks. MMM engines LOVE plastic debris.

That god damn pvc piping is great shit. I laughed my ass off.

·
Registered
567 Posts
well its been YEARS now still good no crack no Explosions! about to put a xs kit on my 95 supra ill put up pictures!!! Just thought i would make a point to drop back in. yep thats right MY mk4 supra there is trust. Go to clubna-t.com See how many people are installing these and getting 500+ reliable hp.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts