Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've JUST been gettin into the whole adobe photoshop thing and i'm REALLY interested in it. it reallyd doesn't sound TOO difficult you know? just time consuming with all the stuff you can only learn by experimenting like filters and stuff....

my problem is this....

i want to get a certain picture as a pretty 100% translucency backdrop (i.e. a car ;) ) then get another couple pictures translucent like in my sig, done by the quite talented civperc for me :)

but i don't get how to get both the pictures to show up as layers on the same document you know? i know how to get one pic opened, then when you try to put text in it it AUTOMATICALLY makes that another layer right? but, for the life of me, i can't fuckin figure out how to open up another picture but in the same document as another layer :confused:

thanks guys
ghost

· Registered
804 Posts
well anytime you paste a new image into the document it should come up as a new layer. anytime you add text its a new layer. so just start with the main image, then if you have the other pics saved, open them up in photoshop too and select around what you want copied, and then paste it into your main document and it should be a new layer. then you can mess with the opacity. if i didnt anwser all you wanted to know ask whatever you want and ill check tomorrow.

· Registered
804 Posts
your welcome..... you can ask a question on here anytime. most of the stuff i know from photoshop is from a computer graphics class i took last year in school. i just got back to messing around with it since that class because i got a new computer and felt like downloading it. since then have used it for making title pages for projects and just messing around with cars. but ya never be afraid to ask a question on here!

· Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SilverCiv98 said:
...so just start with the main image, then if you have the other pics saved, open them up in photoshop too and select around what you want copied, and then paste it into your main document and it should be a new layer. then you can mess with the opacity...
YAY! :D it worked! i get it now, the only problem i had was that i was stuck in the mind of frame of the program that came with my computer. in that program after selecting something you could just right click and then copy it from THAT menu, but in photoshop you have to go to the edit, or do the CTRL+C thing. NICE! i get it now ;) i'm movin right along :D

thanks again man....
ghost

· Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
check my sig and you'll see the fruits of my labor :D

i'm still havin trouble with the tediousness of selecting it. i got tired of it, and did a "half ass" job. you can see around the flames of the skull and stuff, haha

ghost

· Registered
804 Posts
btw ghost rider i got an idea for a new sig for you. take that ghost rider thing and skull or whatever it is and put that onto your hood. i think that would look tight. might need a different picture of ur car or could just use the one you got! just an idea tho. its late at nite and ive been bitching with some friends about stuff so i needed to type some posts on superhonda. and i love the photoshop forum so had to say somethin in here!

· Premium Member
15,402 Posts
go to photoshopjunkie.com for excellent easy to follow tutorials..thats where i picked up the basics and i won the photoshop contest 5(i think??)..

peace and good chopping

ps...civperc whens the next PSC..i read that u said this week in some thread.. just let us know.peace :)

· Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
civperc said:
awesome :) I'm glad to see you are working with Photoshop, and doing to the transparencies like I did for your sig. It's looking good, especially for starting out, keep progressing and as always, feel free to ask me about any graphics questions you might have along the way.

later bro
haha, thanks man, it was all due to you :D

and SilverCiv thanks for the idea, i actually thought about doing that, but i think i'd get BOMBARDED with private messages askin why i have that decal on my hood, hahahaha :D

ghost

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.