Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what times are you running and what setup? gsr's and ls's...

·
Registered
110 Posts
aesthetect said:
what times are you running and what setup? gsr's and ls's...
Before you consider GReddy I'd strongly urge you to look at Revhard II. GReddy makes good products but their turbo, especially for Honda/Acura is lacking.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I would guess a GSR would run low 14's on a GReddy turbo.

They don't make them for LS's so I can't help you with that one.

·
Registered
110 Posts
deMad10 said:

Nah I think even with a GReddy kit you'd get into 13s pretty easily. Go Revhard II, high 11s are well within reach with that thing properly setup on an LS or GSR :D.

Drag Gen III is okay too, but I personally like Revhard a lot more. Probably because all the people I know with Revhard kits could cream anyone I know with a Drag kit. Eh, go with the Revhard :D.

·
Registered
137 Posts
GSR said:

Nah I think even with a GReddy kit you'd get into 13s pretty easily. Go Revhard II, high 11s are well within reach with that thing properly setup on an LS or GSR :D.

Drag Gen III is okay too, but I personally like Revhard a lot more. Probably because all the people I know with Revhard kits could cream anyone I know with a Drag kit. Eh, go with the Revhard :D.
what makes the Revhard II kit better than the Drag Gen III? both use t3/t04 hybrid turbos. shouldn't they have very similar power if run at the same boost pressure?

but if the original poster is looking at the greddy kit, maybe the revhard I is better suited, as it's a quick spooling, smaller turbo...

-phil

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Alright, maybe you could hit high 13's depending on what boost level you are at. GReddy's turbo kit just doesn't make the power though.

I think Revhard's manifold is better than the Drag manifold. This thread might be better suited in the Turbo forum where people like MatT3T4 can see it. I think he is the one that told me about the manifold way back in the day of the old SHO.

Basically with the GReddy you are paying for more streetablility and legality.

·
Registered
110 Posts
deMad10 said:
Alright, maybe you could hit high 13's depending on what boost level you are at. GReddy's turbo kit just doesn't make the power though.

I think Revhard's manifold is better than the Drag manifold. This thread might be better suited in the Turbo forum where people like MatT3T4 can see it. I think he is the one that told me about the manifold way back in the day of the old SHO.

Basically with the GReddy you are paying for more streetablility and legality.
I know there are some differences between the Drag kit and the Revhard kit but I've never seen them parted out side by side so I couldn't tell you to be exact. I don't think he wants a small quick spooling turbo, I think he's just wanting a turbo-kit. You can make decent power out of both the Revhard and Drag kits but like I said the Revhard dominates from what I've seen. Both just bolted on with minimal tuning.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
that was more than just the basic greddy turbo kit. And as far as Revhard goes, people tend to promote aftermarket names that they've used or are working for.

·
Registered
137 Posts
with the drag or revhard kits, i seen posts where people talk of having no traction in 3rd gear... while this might be an exaggeration, are these kits really streetable? will i have traction in routine driving? especially living in a colder climate, can an integra with a drag or revhard turbo be driven in the snow?

thanks for your help,
phil

·
Registered
44 Posts
The Greddy Turbo Kit for the LS is comin out soon. Well...thats what it said on the ad. If the i find a decent streetable turbo kit for the LS, i'll go buy a LS in the next couple months :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Philbert said:
with the drag or revhard kits, i seen posts where people talk of having no traction in 3rd gear... while this might be an exaggeration, are these kits really streetable? will i have traction in routine driving? especially living in a colder climate, can an integra with a drag or revhard turbo be driven in the snow?

thanks for your help,
phil
They are very streetable. The traction in 3rd gear could be fixed with wider stickier tires if it was really that much of an issue. Are you sure they're not just encountering wheel-hop? Polyurethane bushings are supposed to help get rid of whee-hop, although they can be a pain in the ass with the squeaking sometimes. The GReddy kits in my opinion are just grossly underpowered for a turbo kit. Everyone I know with the Drag or Revhard kits has no complaints about daily driving at all. Snow shouldn't be an issue, it's pretty hard for snow/rain to get up to where the turbo sucks air in unless you set up a cold air system that would be right next to the ground up. A cold air system like that isn't necessary on a turbo because of the intercooler :).

The GReddy that made a pass in the 12s was built on quite a bit. With the same effort they made the GReddy kit run 12s you could get the Revhard kit into 11s most likely.

I can personally assure you I am in no way affiliated with Drag or Revhard nor have I personally used either of their products... yet.

·
Registered
137 Posts
my concern about winter/snow wasn't about sucking in snow or water, but being able to get traction in the snow with so much torque.

as long as i got a boost controller, i could always dial in less boost in the winter months if it was a concern, right?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Philbert said:

thanks for your help,
phil
I have a RevHard Stage II on my GSR. It is very streetable IMHO, but I don't have to worry quite as much about wheelspin because of the altitude here (Denver). As far as snow, the turbo isn't really the problem, but the tires (I have Toyo Proxes Fz4's on right now and they are barely ok in the snow). I can drive my GSR in the snow, but I have a beater RS that I usually drive in bad weather. If you're that worried about it, you can always get a good electronic boost controller (like the Greddy Profec B) and dial down the boost when necessary. Just my $.02. Thanks.

:cool:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
deMad10 said:

well i know a civic can almos hit 13s stock with a greddy kit so im not too sure about that (and BEFORE the flames start im talkin ALMOST and with a decet amount of modification)...and just because they dont make a kit for the ls dont mean it aint happenin

im asking about the greddy kit for the reasons as mentioned, i amost never go to the track so am looking for a kit thatll make better than bolt-on power, is inexpnsive, not massive amounts of boost (so i dont need to build teh engine, but could), spools quicly, and will pass emissions.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
does this sound about right: mid 13s for the gsr, and if you managed to fit one onto the ls (or when tehy put it out) around 14 second?
talking stok internals and everything, just kit, exhaust, itercooler, BOV....maybe fuel upgrades but not much else

but since you mentioned it, how much is the revhard II kit, and how much after youve bought all the crap they didnt include?

·
Registered
110 Posts
aesthetect said:

well i know a civic can almos hit 13s stock with a greddy kit so im not too sure about that (and BEFORE the flames start im talkin ALMOST and with a decet amount of modification)...and just because they dont make a kit for the ls dont mean it aint happenin

im asking about the greddy kit for the reasons as mentioned, i amost never go to the track so am looking for a kit thatll make better than bolt-on power, is inexpnsive, not massive amounts of boost (so i dont need to build teh engine, but could), spools quicly, and will pass emissions.
Actually I have a friend who put a GReddy kit on his Civic and he only made mid-low 14 passes. That's with no tuning. Turbo spooling really is not a problem, I mean how long does it take to get to 3000RPMs anyways? If you really want to eliminate turbo spool put a nitrous kit on (dry I believe is the application you'd want to spool a turbo faster) and that will destroy turbo spoolage.

·
Registered
110 Posts
aesthetect said:
does this sound about right: mid 13s for the gsr, and if you managed to fit one onto the ls (or when tehy put it out) around 14 second?
talking stok internals and everything, just kit, exhaust, itercooler, BOV....maybe fuel upgrades but not much else

but since you mentioned it, how much is the revhard II kit, and how much after youve bought all the crap they didnt include?
Revhard kits are $3800 for the 2c setup that you would want directly from Revhard. You can find MUCH better prices online or through a shop even. Just bolting on the kit you should be well into the 13s. They include just about everything in their kit, here's a list:
Rev Hard Cast Iron Manifold
Rev Hard T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo
Rev Hard Intercooler
Deltagate (9-12psi)
Vortec Blow Off Valve
2.25" Aluminzed Mandrel Bent Piping
2.5" Downpipe
Progressive Type Fuel Regulator
High Volume Fuel Pump
Purosil Hoses & Clamps
Steel Braided -3 Oil Line
Oil Return Line
High Pressure Fuel Line
High Pressure Silicon Hose
Neccessary Vacuum Tee's
Neccessary Vacuum Lines

You will bolt on about 120HP with no added parts needed. However you should look into getting turbo management parts to make sure you will be boosting safely for years to come. Man I can't wait to get my Revhard kit :).

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
GSR said:

Actually I have a friend who put a GReddy kit on his Civic and he only made mid-low 14 passes. That's with no tuning. Turbo spooling really is not a problem, I mean how long does it take to get to 3000RPMs anyways? If you really want to eliminate turbo spool put a nitrous kit on (dry I believe is the application you'd want to spool a turbo faster) and that will destroy turbo spoolage.
yeah that sounds about like what i meant..see i live in washington DC (school at va tech) i spend a lot of time below 3000 rpms (but you do have a point) and definitely am not tryin to throw in a nitrous kit

the rev hard is much more complete but still more pricey...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts