Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the board and though I'd give a little background on myself. Honestly, if you'd asked me a few weeks ago if I'd ever buy a honda, the answer would've been no. As a matter of fact, I use to be one of the anti-Honda campaigners. It happened when I bought my eclipse GSX. Then my WRX came along, back to a DSM, and my MR2 Spyder. Which, if not for kids, I'd have kept my MR2 and called it good. But I was forced to do some car shopping and desired a two door compact with some style. My first choice was actually an RX8, but that idea was quickly dispatched when dependability was considered. Then I considered the RSX or a GTI. I was leaning toward the GTI after driving both, but as I was driving by a local lot, I noticed an Si hatchback sitting on their lot. When I saw it, I wondered why I hadn't considered it before. It's a pretty appealing car. So I took it for a test drive and fell in love with it. The drive, the comfort, the performance, everything about it. My car search ended there. Hope you guys can forgive me for being a former Honda-hater. I now have seen the light. My name is Bear, and I'm an Si-aholic. :)
By the way, it's a black 04 si hatch.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
EDITED :sleep
Welcome to the site, do you have any power or cosmetic goals with the car? Or is it gonna stay a stocker?

· Registered
10,346 Posts
way to quote the first post n00b. we never wouldve known who you were talking to
Oh no, so sorry to bother you :rolleyes Ever occur to you that I simply did it on impulse?

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Just had to stop myself from clicking it. Yes its an impulse, most of my posts are quoting other people and answering a question or adding my concern or whatnot. It happens:dunno:

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
EDITED :sleep
Welcome to the site, do you have any power or cosmetic goals with the car? Or is it gonna stay a stocker?
Probably just intake, exhaust, and high quality audio(NOT SPL STUFF.) We'll just have to wait and see from there. I want to keep it as a comfortable daily driver that gets good gas mileage. It's already lowered. I'm actually thinking about raising it up to the stock height.

The shifter on the dash is pretty cool. It's out of the way of everything... like the cupholders.

· Registered
41,903 Posts
welcome to sho son. Remember, we're all dicks here, so dont take anything personally

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Probably just intake, exhaust, and high quality audio(NOT SPL STUFF.) We'll just have to wait and see from there. I want to keep it as a comfortable daily driver that gets good gas mileage. It's already lowered. I'm actually thinking about raising it up to the stock height.

The shifter on the dash is pretty cool. It's out of the way of everything... like the cupholders.
If you want to keep good gas mileage, Id advice you to stay away from a header unless you are ready to drop some decent coin into it. Off brands or generic ebay headers are garbage. BUT the generic ebay cold air intakes are perfectly fine to use. I enjoyed a lil better performance and neat sound with a hair better gas mileage.

As for audio, Focal and JL are two good brands, though for a very cheap price, pioneer and sony speakers perform pretty good with an amp powering them. Let me know if your into subs, I do have some good ones I might be willing to sell to you for a good price, PM me if your interested.

· Registered
41,903 Posts
If you want to keep good gas mileage, Id advice you to stay away from a header unless you are ready to drop some decent coin into it. Off brands or generic ebay headers are garbage. BUT the generic ebay cold air intakes are perfectly fine to use. I enjoyed a lil better performance and neat sound with a hair better gas mileage.

As for audio, Focal and JL are two good brands, though for a very cheap price, pioneer and sony speakers perform pretty good with an amp powering them. Let me know if your into subs, I do have some good ones I might be willing to sell to you for a good price, PM me if your interested.
i got a megan header off ebay for $150 shipped and have been running it for 4 years without an issue.. This is with PA winters, and a 4" drop, so it definitely see's a lot of weather.

A header is probably the best power gain in a Honda. None of the mods I did made my gas mileage worse.. It probably made it better if anything. I still get 38-40mpg with i/h/e and no cat.

· Registered
12,453 Posts
werd, headers help your car breathe sooo much better. I got better MPG with mine.

Glad you like your civic, but if you really want to appreciate the Honda game more, get an Integra, CRX or older civic. The EP3 is pretty weaksause. My fairly stock 94 GSR can run with them all day long.

If you like that car, I'd suggest a few more cars if your looking to have more fun and or something faster in the future.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I already have all the audio stuff waiting for time to be installed. I went all Clarion. I have the SRU1720M components, PXW1252 12" sub, and the DXZ865MP head unit. I have a sweet 4 channel amp, too.... it's G&S Redline. Not real common, but it's a real gem of an amplifier.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
werd, headers help your car breathe sooo much better. I got better MPG with mine.

Glad you like your civic, but if you really want to appreciate the Honda game more, get an Integra, CRX or older civic. The EP3 is pretty weaksause. My fairly stock 94 GSR can run with them all day long.

If you like that car, I'd suggest a few more cars if your looking to have more fun and or something faster in the future.
I chose a the civic Si for a few reasons over other vehicles.
1. I really like their style. It's a sporty little hatchback.
2. Dependability.
3. It's pretty fun to drive.
4. Odds are, if there's ANYTHING I want to do to it, somebody already makes it.
I wasn't shooting to get a 12 sec car or autoX it. I don't need another money pit, like my GSX was. And as far as more fun to drive, nothing has come close to my MR2 Spyder, yet. If you ever get a chance to drive one on some twisties, take the opportunity.
But as for my choice on the Si, I just really love the car. :)

· Registered
10,346 Posts
i got a megan header off ebay for $150 shipped and have been running it for 4 years without an issue.. This is with PA winters, and a 4" drop, so it definitely see's a lot of weather.

A header is probably the best power gain in a Honda. None of the mods I did made my gas mileage worse.. It probably made it better if anything. I still get 38-40mpg with i/h/e and no cat.
Im not talking about construction, Im talking about what it actually provides for benefits. Example, my ebay header does jack shit until you hit 6k rpm. below that, its robbing torque and gas mileage a LOT.

· Registered
12,453 Posts
I chose a the civic Si for a few reasons over other vehicles.
1. I really like their style. It's a sporty little hatchback.
2. Dependability.
3. It's pretty fun to drive.
4. Odds are, if there's ANYTHING I want to do to it, somebody already makes it.
I wasn't shooting to get a 12 sec car or autoX it. I don't need another money pit, like my GSX was. And as far as more fun to drive, nothing has come close to my MR2 Spyder, yet. If you ever get a chance to drive one on some twisties, take the opportunity.
But as for my choice on the Si, I just really love the car. :)
I'm not trying to nic your choice of car, for what you want, sounds like it works well, but I'm saying, if you really want a fun to drive hatch back, try one out sometime.

· Registered
12,453 Posts
Which hatchback are you referring to?
CRX or a teg or an older bubble hatch. A blast to drive, prob. not quite as fun as an MR2, but for what they are they are great, and the price you can pick one up for, its hard to top. Just saying if you think this car is fun, try some other Honda hatches sometime, I think you'll be satisfied.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.