Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I sell & install Alpine They are great in my book. The 9843 is a mp3/cd with 1 rca there is the prob. with that radio if you ever plan to have a system with muti amps then you need more rca's..The radio has blue chiklets and quick search witch works gerat with mp3's great choice. I like the 9847 a little more money but you can do a complete system with it.. 9847 mp3/wma/cd, 3 rca's, black face Remote ready,Quad illumination,Sat ready for sirrius or xm. check out there web site for more details.. http://www.alpine-usa.com/
You got a great price(9843) map is 149.00 :clap
Hope this helps..

·
Registered
198 Posts
I actually had the 9843, but ended up returning it and spending the extra 50 bucks and getting the 9847, has 3 rca outputs one specifically for the sub not just one rear/sub that is switchable also if I remember right it was 50Wx4 instead of 45wx5 like the 9843 was. Has a 4 color changable display that is nice, can change it pretty easily to match the interior/lighting of your car, goes green/red/blue/amber. Overall it is awesome and I haven't had a problem with it. It is also compatible with sirius and xm, so if your going satelite radio this one will handle whichever. It is definately worth the extra $50. I work at Best Buy and this unit was so nice I bought it before we even got discounts on Alpine when it first came in. Best one we sell besides the one that's like $100 more (about $300) and has a motorized removable face and a remote

·
Registered
50 Posts
I ended up buying the 9845 model last week. Tried installing last night but cant seem to uderstand how to install the sleeve from the radio to the dash kit. I'm sur eis easy but after working a long day it sure as heck seems difficult..

·
Registered
25 Posts
its a good unit

i have the 9843. i got it because i wanted to play mp3s. Its a good deck, and i've had no problems with it. I agree that the next one up the line would be better if you are considering expanding your system. I might move up to it eventually.

with the mp3s, it takes a sec or two to load songs, which is fine when you listen to a regular cd, but is somewhat annoying when listening to a mix cd. Anyway, its worth the tradeoff for being able to have like 10 albums on one disc.

enjoy your new deck!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.