Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i posted a thread about my throttle body sticking a feew weeks ago. the sticking stopped for a while and yesterday it started happening again more than ever , anyway i got home took off the throttle body and i noticed the throttle body plate is whats sticking so i cleaned it with throttle body cleaner and moved the adjustable screw to help the plate not stick. the i put it all back together and i turned the car on and boom check engine light came on i checked all the vaccum lines and they all looked fine so i thought maybe the throttle position sensor sends the error so i moved the plate back to the way it was before i moved it turned the car back on and the light is still there i disconnected the MAP sensor while the car was on accidently so i dont know if thats why the light is on and now my vtec doest kick in is it because the check engine light is on??? help

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats the thing i cant get the obd machine on because i cant find the port??? where you plug the tester

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
95 and under wont have a DLC. you wont be able to get datastream from it anyways. jump it with the paper clip by using the passenger side 2 wire connector

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do you know how does it look my car is a 92 eg i found a brwon connector with 2 prongs thats joined to another prong with like 5 wires that come out of it

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
maacb16 said:
do you know how does it look my car is a 92 eg i found a brwon connector with 2 prongs thats joined to another prong with like 5 wires that come out of it
i believe it should be blue still keep looking for a 2 wire connector

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
Yeah bro I told you under the right side of the passenger side dash....there are 2 blue connectors. The 2 prong one is the service jumper that you need to jump

1 - 13 of 13 Posts