Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has a 92 Integra GS-R. His idle is really bouncing bad and we have tried everything except replace the Throttle Position Sensor. So he went and bought a 95 Del Sol VTEC throttle body from a friend. Our problem is that the piece that runs coolant through the bottom of the throttle body is mounted on the intake manifold in the GS-R. On the Del Sol throttle body that piece is mounted to the bottom of it. So when we try to put the throttle body on the two coolant things hit each other. So we were wondering if the Crx Si throttle body will mount up to the GS-R intake manifold for temporary use. I am only asking this question because I have heard of people putting the Integra Type R throttle body on thier Crx Si intake manifold and since the B17A intake manifold resembles the Type R I was wondering if it was backward compatible.

· Registered
19 Posts
try the 96+ d16y8 manifold...

I've heard that a 96+ d16y8 intake manifold is compatiable with an gsr throttle... An gsr manifold should be compatiable with the d16y8 manifold then. This is only in theory... crx si throttle are different from the 96 ex manifolds... They mount differently...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.