Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Throttle Body Size

I have a 60 mm Throttle Body on my car and stock is 56mm I believe and some people say that 60mm is way to big for my car so is this true? To me I think it feels a bit more responsive but I lose a bit of power overall they say. Also the Throttle body is 60mm until the butterfly valve and then it goes back to 56mm and then 60mm on the back of the throttle body, also the TB isnt polished inside and it has a bunch of small grooves in it so its hell rough inside so bad or good or what?

ZEX Comp Cam Stage 2
Cold Air Intake
4-2-1 Header
Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
Milled Head @ 10:1 compression
Ported 60 MM throttle body
Apex N1 Exaust
Y8 Intake Manifold
No Cat
9MM wires
No A/C
No P/S
SI Transmission
ACT 6 Puck Clutch No Springs
ACT Pressure Plate
Short Shifter
7 LB Flywheel
2 LB Crank Pulley
Skunk2 Chip [email protected],200 rpm
Adjustable Cam Gear
Hyper Ground Wires

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
60mm is great as long as your IM is port matched.
I'd say you gained a couple hp if anything.

BUt whey does it go ...60mm--?56mm-60mm....??? It should start at 60 and enter the plenum at 56.....these need to be tapered to increase air velocity

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
The IM is plenum inlet is ported to 60mm?

You'd probably do better off with getting a 64mm TB then.

The taper is really important......if you get a zex cam or something that would really tap the power of the bigger TB

·
Banned
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My intake manifold is stock just the TB is 60mm in the front and the butterfly valve is 56mm and then the rear of the TB is 60mm again and the IM is stock

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
:p that's horrible.

So all you did was port the front and back of the TB?

If I were you I'd just buy a b-series 60mm TB, send it to maxbore.com and 100 bucks shipped he can port it to 64mm, with a 60mm taper. He replaces the butterfly with a bigger one and does excellent work.

Then, before putting it on the y8 manifold, port the plenum inlet to 60mm or whatever the exit of the TB is at. While the IM is off, port match the rest of the IM to the head

I didn't see that you already had a cam and higher compression...you'll definitely see some gains with the ported TB and IM.

·
Registered
478 Posts
or... u can get a LS 60mm throttle body and i can do the same thing that "maxbore" does for 11 bucks. better yet i can show you how to do it yourself for 11 bucks.

not counting the "tapering" i can do as well.

also not counting the port mathced intake manifold.. all for 11 bucks. =)

i should start my own website for boring crap.

we talked on aim, hes going back to 56mm until he can find the b18b1 throttle body.

·
Registered
478 Posts
i can replace the butterfly, its an OE honda part just have to know which one to get.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts