Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Whats up all, I have just completed a ZC trans plant into my 90 civic hatchback. Every thing is good, except for the throttle sticks. I've changed throttle cable and adjusted till I'm stumped :bash . If I rev inside and pull back on the gas pedal it goes right back to idle the way it should. Is there a seperate return spring ? There is a bracket in front of the throttle body but I'm unsure what its for ( cruise control ? ). I have pic's but do not know how to upload them. Thanks in advance. Peace.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Throttle body

Wow no idea's, I've taken throttle body off and cleaned and replaced gasket and it seemed to respond better but still stays above idle after rev a few hundred RPM's (much better than before). Pull back on gas pedal and goes back to idle ? I'm thinking of changing throttle body to see if that will solve problem . Still open for suggestions. Peace.

·
Registered
699 Posts
go to ace hardware or something of that nature and buy a spring that will mount on a location near the throttle.

here is what i did with my itb's

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Throttle body

Thanks road.head. There does not seem to be to many places for an additional spring. Your set up has the extra tangs that makes life easy, lol. There is the extra cable bracket in front of the throttle body, trying to figure out what that is for or if can be used for an additional return spring. Does anyone have pic's of the ZC DOHC set up I can view. Thanks. And why cant I upload attachments here ? Peace.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ATISTANG, no slack in cable. If I leave slack in, the car won't start. Thanks for the link. I've taken cable and greased and sprayed WD-40 on springs still hangs about 1200 was hangin 2000-2500 before. Thanks , Peace.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Throttle body

Thats why I took throttle body off the owner before me had silicon as a gasket and had all the vacuum ports blocked up, and I was thinking there may be some silicon that was keeping the butterfly open. But that was not the case. Is there a way to adjust butterfly with out the cable ?? Or is the TPS, over all in charge of that. I will be getting a different Throttle body and will try. But the adjustment, if any should be tried first ? Thanks. Peace.

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
give your cable a little slack then go from there, you should be able to start the car without a cable even on it and it should sit there and idle with no problems, if it won't then something isn't right.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Throttle body

OK moved cable around and gave it some slack seems (knock on wood) good. Thanks for the tips ATISTANG. I have a 72 monte carlo you should hear rev. Peace.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
idle

Update-the throttle is not sticking but when car is first started I have to keep foot on gas pedal to keep rpm's up or car will die. When car is at operating temp will continue to idle but very low, is there a way to bring idle up besides cable adjustment ? The TB gasket I used is cork material and solid not cut out like stock gasket, could this be the problem ?? Thanks .

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
I think there is an allen srew in the back of the idle air control, if there is you let the car warm up then unplug the electrical conector then turn that screw till it idles where you want it, then plug it back up

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
idle

Awesome, found the screw and it purr's the way it should. It was under the TB where the cable hooks up. ATISTANG you've been a big help :number1 , thanks big time. Peace.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.