Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
it keeps the crank from walking side to side. (crankwalk)

how do you know you broke it?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
9.9 times out of 10 when a thrust bearing goes the motor is junk. if it dug into the mains your block is junk. if it dug into the crank then the crank is junk.

like craig said the thrust bearing absorbs sideward movement of the crank be it from resonance or from clutch engagement, etc. speaking of that, harsh clutches and banging gears aka breaking tires loose hardcore help kill thrust bearings.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I don't know exactly how I broke it, but my tech and tuner man noticed that when I engaged the clucth pedal, the crank pully would shift out/to the side, and vise versa; crank walk...Plus there was this loud rattling sound coming from the botttom block, or where the crank was.... Probably broke it from harsh driving at the track up here in Guam, ran 15.5 consistent for stock, and twice i threw the trans from third into second instead of fourth, reach some high unbelievable revs which bent all eight exhaust valves, had those replace with new oe ones, and now the thrust bearing goes....

So instead of replacing the whole bottom with oe parts I decided that I am just gonna get a JDM H motor for my 2k1 lude....which is a better motor...don't you think?

usdm H motors are junk!

·
Registered
910 Posts
junior_menace said:
I don't know exactly how I broke it, but my tech and tuner man noticed that when I engaged the clucth pedal, the crank pully would shift out/to the side, and vise versa; crank walk...Plus there was this loud rattling sound coming from the botttom block, or where the crank was....

So instead of replacing the whole bottom with oe parts I decided that I am just gonna get a JDM H motor for my 2k1 lude....which is a better motor...don't you think?

usdm H motors are junk!
usdm, jdm, all the same, just the hype...

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
just another story to prove harsh clutches or dumping clutches kill motors namely thrust bearings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts