Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This sucks. Just received a USED CAI without an instruction booklet. And the AV6.com forum is down. :( So I can't get the resources and pics I need from the site. Anyone know where I can find the AEM instruction booklet online? Or anyone care to post pics they have to installing the CAI? peace and thx for looking out ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's pretty easy to install.. I'll try and get a close up of mine installed later today when it stops raining. Gotta get that stock airbox out first. I suggest taking off the bumper to make your life easier. The top part of it is pretty easy to get off but the bottom half can be a pain. There are only 2 screws in the bottom half though, it's just a matter of getting to them.

http://www.crazy-horse.net/finished.jpg to get an idea of how it mounts in there. I'll try and get more detailed pictures soon.

Hope it helps.

-Tim

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yo CrazyHorse, thx for looking out. WIsh the AV6 comes back up soon. And ya, the pics would definitely help out. :) -peace out

I understand removing the stock air tube and the resonator, just I don't know how to install the CAI with the rubbers and the clamps, etc.etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Once the top piece is in place, where to put the hoses is pretty much obvious. They go on the same places on the new intake that they were on the stock one. I just reallized that my cable for my digi cam is at work =/ Take a look at how the stock intake is on the throttle body. Those hoses that connect to it just attach on to your new CAI with the screw down clamps. You can see where the rubber seat went for mounting the top half of the CAI in my picture. I'm pretty confident that if you take that part of the pipe and put it up to your engine you'll see where the hoses go. =)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:eek: The OEM rear spoiler also did not come with an instruction booklet. Anybody know a site that has the instructions to OEM parts for the Accord? Also the instruction guide to the CAI would be nice also.

Back to sleep. :sleep: peace~

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
KkiSjjAng said:
:eek: The OEM rear spoiler also did not come with an instruction booklet. Anybody know a site that has the instructions to OEM parts for the Accord? Also the instruction guide to the CAI would be nice also.

Back to sleep. :sleep: peace~
www.handaaccessories.com has the installation instructions for most OEM stuff, i would try there.

·
Registered
77 Posts
KkiSjjAng said:
This sucks. Just received a USED CAI without an instruction booklet. And the AV6.com forum is down. :( So I can't get the resources and pics I need from the site. Anyone know where I can find the AEM instruction booklet online? Or anyone care to post pics they have to installing the CAI? peace and thx for looking out ;)
Hey man, sorry about the site. I know you wanted to use the online manual, but in the meantine I hope this helps. If you have any problems just ask.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts