Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just tinted my car 20% all around and 35% on the front windshield i was just wondering how much the ticket is and if it gets more expensive since i have the front windshield done

it looks good though

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Its illegal to tint your windshield in any state I believe....Don't know how much the ticket will be, but if you get one, you'll just have to peal the tint off and get it dismissed. Thats if the judge is cool

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I hope you never drive at night...my brother has just his back three done and you cant see a thing out the back at night...you are going to have some serious trouble in parking lots and stuff.

·
Registered
388 Posts
in most states, the legal tint is 35% on the sides and rear. Some states allow 20%in the back quarter windows and rear glass. I think Arizona and NM allow 20% tins all around.

You can tint your windshield down to (I think ) 6 inches down. Factory windshields are often tinted to reduce glare for a little more safety. I think the % is 35 for the windshield (banner tint).

whn tint says 35%, that means 35% of the available light is transmitted. So 5% is darker than 35%. Just in case anyone reading didn't know.

Alot of times the cops will pull you over and give you a warning( which is nothing) or a fixit ticket meaning you peel it off or get fined everytime they see you again. Worse every time because you're now a repeat offender.

I've been pulled over 3 times for tint and haven't got a ticket yet. I'm not bragging, I was in highschool at the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts