Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a 96 type r tegy, and got a ticking noise from the head, very consistant, had honda do the valve clearences which helped it a bit and and exhaust place take flows of and check for any cracks, got adjust cams gears and after market cams, now has 150kms and the noise started round 140ks, any one else had this problem and managed to fix it?????? done 4oooks since last oil chance and it suprisingly hasnt used a drop so it not from low oil.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
got a 96 type r tegy, and got a ticking noise from the head, very consistant, had honda do the valve clearences which helped it a bit and and exhaust place take flows of and check for any cracks, got adjust cams gears and after market cams, now has 150kms and the noise started round 140ks, any one else had this problem and managed to fix it?????? done 4oooks since last oil chance and it suprisingly hasnt used a drop so it not from low oil.
vtec heads click from the factory.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
o yeah thanks guys, yeah i had a good listen and the injectors make most of the noise. i know that hondas have the worse automatic chokes but on my vafc it has an acurate reading of revs and altough my rev needle doesnt move my car does a ruting noise when its hot @ idle and the vafc shows it jumps up and down from 780 to 820revs, is this just a case of renewing inlet manifold or nothing to worry about? thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.