Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got robbed again and I guess im going to buy another deck but try to be a little safer this time :rolleyes . I was looking at the Alpine CDA-9847
and the Pioneer DEH-P4700MP. I like them because theyre detatchable and they play mp3s, I had a pioneer premier deh-660 that was stolen and I was happy with the product for the most part. Can anyone give me pros/cons of these two units? If one puts out better SQ then the other thats something I would be interested in.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Transparent said:
Alpine > Pioneer

I think that alpine has the best sound quality that you can find in a reasonable price range. the only upside to the pioneer is that they are easier to use than the alpines are

Yeah I was messin with my buddies Alpine and it was freakin impossible to get to the EQ! But im not going to base my decision on that, im sure I can figure out how to play with a deck lol. But if Alpine really has a better SQ then pioneer I might have a winner.

·
Registered
34,361 Posts
eg6hatch315 said:
Yeah I was messin with my buddies Alpine and it was freakin impossible to get to the EQ! But im not going to base my decision on that, im sure I can figure out how to play with a deck lol. But if Alpine really has a better SQ then pioneer I might have a winner.
get the Apline. and there is a direct plug in tuner so you can hook up Sirius satelite radio to the alpines. since sirius > xm

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Transparent said:
get the Apline. and there is a direct plug in tuner so you can hook up Sirius satelite radio to the alpines. since sirius > xm

Well im not worried about the dam radio :p Thats why I was lookin for an mp3 player. Im gunna look more into Alpine and possibly order one sometime 2morw if somethin else doesnt come up.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Transparent said:
Alpine > Pioneer

I think that alpine has the best sound quality that you can find in a reasonable price range. the only upside to the pioneer is that they are easier to use than the alpines are
Agreed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think you need to get a new security system if you keep getting robbed. Or even better talk to a professional shop that sells the radio's and security systems together with the theft warranty. (It's a warranty that basically says if someone can get past the alarm and steal the radio. The manufacturer would replace the radio.) :clap

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
If you want a deck that plays mp3 get an Alpine. Most of the pioneer decks that I'd tried out take forever to load up the mp3. All of the 04 alpine decks load up the mp3 like it loads up regular audio cd. Not sure about the 05 deck but im sure it will be the same.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ray Nite said:
I think you need to get a new security system if you keep getting robbed. Or even better talk to a professional shop that sells the radio's and security systems together with the theft warranty. (It's a warranty that basically says if someone can get past the alarm and steal the radio. The manufacturer would replace the radio.) :clap

Ive never heard of anyone offering that, do you know anyone that does?

·
Registered
34,361 Posts
eg6hatch315 said:
Ive never heard of anyone offering that, do you know anyone that does?
I think that Viper (dei) offers a similar type of warranty. you need to fill out a bucnh of paperwork when you purchase the alarm. and I think that they will replace up to $1500 worth of equipment. but check out www.directed.com I bet there is more info about it there

·
Registered
325 Posts
I think you can find better SQ with an Eclipse deck and with their ESN stuff, they least likely deck to be stolen.
I love my eclipse, but i can see it being a theft problem if i didnt have a garage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts