Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant take it anymore, my factory headunit and speakers are fixing to be thrown out the window, and after many hours of doing my homework and listening to oh.. I don't know how many different sets of speakers, many store visits, and friend's cars takeovers.. I have decided on these particular choices.. all you have to tell me is which you would choose out of the list.

Head Unit... no choice here, I'm going to use my Alpine 7998

Component speakers:

A. Focal Utopia
B. Boston Acoustics Z6
C. Boston Acoustics Pro
D. Dyn Audio 240GT

Sub -No choice here either, I decided on it already.

A. Image Dynamics IDMAX 10 (I have 2, but I'm just going to use one)

Amp (sub)

A. Zapco Reference 1100.1
B. Arc Audio 1500XXK ( a little out of price range but i'd still buy it if i get good inputs)
C. Memphis 16-MC1000
D. Memphis 16-pr1kd

Amp (comps)

A. Soundstream Van Gogh 600.2
B. PG titanium 600.2

And any reccomendations for a 2 channel amp would be appreciated.

I'm looking for good sound quality, clarity is a must (i listen to alot of guitar solos) I used to have infinity perfects and they're too harsh, I want something not quite so "ear screeching". And as far as bass go, I want clean bass, none of that trying to thump the cars next to me, I dont care for showing off, I just want to have a nice system for myself, and myself alone in my car.

You could choose off the list or offer a good suggestion, that would all be appreciated.

I start ordering my stuff in a couple of days, Hopefull ya'll would be able to help me out.

By the way I'm using all STINGER wiring products.

·
Registered
445 Posts
are there any aftermarket decks out there that work with the audio controls?

also have you guys heard of the JL audio stealth box, its basically a special subwoofer specially built for the s2000 , it goes inside the spare tire tool kit compartment and looks very clean and stock looking.

·
Registered
777 Posts
The Stealth Box is pretty nice. I've seen it in a few S2000s.

Many Alpine and Sony decks can be made compatible with the audio controls. You just need to buy a "conversion kit" from Lucid Audio, DjQube, or some other similar owner-designed kit. I think they work a few other brands too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dj K-otik said:
The Stealth Box is pretty nice. I've seen it in a few S2000s. .

post pics of it... im thinking of just custom mounting my w7 in the floor of the trunk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts