Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, well, I might finally get these on the car. They are Volks/Rays made "United Arrows" brand wheels. 17 x 7. I'm not going to lower the car, and it is a 4g if it matters.
I got them while living in Japan, carried them home on the trains, walked a long way, finally got them home. Pain in the butt. Then shipped them back to the US. They've been in my closet for a year now. While checking them last weekend, to see if they've started decaying with age, I noticed the sticker. I had ordered +43 offset, but low and behold these look to be +50! At least they are all the same. My guy at Autobacs missed the mistake, I missed the mistake, and now I"m stuck with them. :bash Is this actually a good thing in the end? :rolleyes

So question one, how do they look? I love them personally. (car is azure-blue/green pearl)

Second question, I'm probably going to get 205/40/17 tires, so is this +50 offset gonna work? I've searched around threads and the feeling I get is it will. Is there anyone running the same size/offset wheel that could give me an opinion? I'm going to get them test fitted next week to make sure.

Sorry if this is just one more wheel thread. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Taken off the tire/fitment FAQ on prelude online:

7" Wide Wheels w/ 4th & 5th Gen.

Less than +38mm ::: Not Recommended
+38mm to +41mm ::: Not Recommended if you are, or plan to be, lowered. You take the chance of rubbing the outside lip of the wheel well.
+42mm to +44mm ::: This is a grey area if you are lowered, results vary depending on tire and/or drop. You take the chance of rubbing the outside lip of the wheel well.
+45mm to +50mm ::: You shouldn't have any problems. Recommended Offsets for 7" Wide Wheels.
Larger than +51mm ::: Not Recommend. You take the chance of rubbing the inside lining of the wheel well.

Recommended tire size for 17X7 rim is 215/40/17.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Sodikai said:
So question one, how do they look? I love them personally. (car is azure-blue/green pearl)

Oh yea BTW, those rims are hot. Never heard/seen em before but Rays= :bow

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback! haha, and the bowing :D I think I read almost every thread about wheels but I still needed that little push to feel better. I can't believe these wheels magically changed from the +43 I ordered to the +50 on the sticker. haha. As long as everything goes as planned I"ll get them on next week. I"ll post pics then! Any more feedback is appreciated!

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
those wheels + 10mm spacer = 40offset = great :tu

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Crdcz, nice idea! I had thoughts about spacers. How safe is it to run a spacer? I mean, just thinking about it in my head makes less bolt to sit on right? At least, there would be less thread for the lugnuts to sit on. Or am I thinking about it the wrong way? Is there a good "spacer company"? Not something I've ever looked into. I'm thinking a tame 5mm spacer might just be what I need.

anyone have spacers on their car?

EDIT: ok, got the wheels on and they rock. +50 was good with some 215/40 tires. Thanks for the help guys, and yep a few of the car gods were with me here. haha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts