Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that this is dumb question but should I buy a used timing belt for $5 or brand new for $54.00 thing is I don't have the cash at this very moment :bash pros and cons about buying the used belt list them

· Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
are you fucking serious? yeah spend 5 bucks now and when it snaps and destroys the engine have fun spending a grand or so having someone swap in a new one for you. of course that 54 bucks would be alot cheaper looking at it now wouldn't it

· Olde School Ricer
8,762 Posts
are you fucking serious? yeah spend 5 bucks now and when it snaps and destroys the engine have fun spending a grand or so having someone swap in a new one for you. of course that 54 bucks would be alot cheaper looking at it now wouldn't it
If it came down to a used t-belt and not changing it at all, I would vote for the not changing it. I'm too lazy to do shit twice

· Registered
8,144 Posts
What's the risk of buying it used besides dependability
:bash

You're doing preventative maintenance to make it more dependable, but you're skimping on the part (which is a fraction of what the labor costs if you're not doing it yourself) at the expense of... dependability? What makes you think this timing belt is in any better shape than the one you are swapping out, anyway?! Swapping a crucial part because it is due to be replaced with another used part is beyond retarded. Spend the extra $50 for God's sake. If you're really that strapped for cash, ride the bus for a few days. Don't eat out. Work an extra few hours. Sell some crap you don't really need or use. SOMETHING.

· Registered
4,633 Posts
Mmmk, beaten to death enough.

Now to make sure no more room for used timing belt advocacy .. :ninja

· Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
err I don't know if I was done beating this topic. I mean 2 mods did leave it open to bash some more but whatever if it makes you feel special, i guess its ok but I thought you would get over feeling special after riding the short bus for so long

· Registered
4,633 Posts
HEY....quiet you :hehe

I refuse to take the chance of letting any dirty used timing belt advocates scramble lilblack's virgin mind.

Unless......this is ltlblkcvc reincarnated....hmm....

· Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
HEY....quiet you :hehe

I refuse to take the chance of letting any dirty used timing belt advocates scramble lilblack's virgin mind.

Unless......this is ltlblkcvc reincarnated....hmm....
nah thats some other idiot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.