Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on an H22 spraying 75 shot, I'm currently retarding the timing 2 degrees. Anybody know if this is enough? too much?

I'm also running NGK plugs, I think one stage colder than stock, can't remember without pulling one.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
bob12345 said:
on an H22 spraying 75 shot, I'm currently retarding the timing 2 degrees. Anybody know if this is enough? too much?

I'm also running NGK plugs, I think one stage colder than stock, can't remember without pulling one.
run it and check ur plugs. ..if it doesnt look right retard it some more.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, I was being lazy, figured I'd see if anyone knew off the top of their head.

Guess I'll have to do it right :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Timing is good, but go one step colder plug. Supposed to be two steps from stock.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
bob12345 said:
yea, I was being lazy, figured I'd see if anyone knew off the top of their head.

Guess I'll have to do it right :rolleyes:
cant ever be lazy when it comes to the safety and reliability of your car:rolleyes:

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
bob12345 said:
hmm, good point.
its all good just take ur time and make sure you learn from ur mistakes.

but yea as long as plugs look good then ur all set

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
k, since wutangben's thread isn't showing pics, and I can't remember what a detonated plug looks like, can someone describe it, or post another pic?

Also, stock plugs for my car are NGK ZFR6F-11, right now I'm running NGKs that are 7 for the cold rating or whatever. I can't find any 8s, do they even make them?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bonestock94 said:
ngk bkr7e should suffice, but they do make bkr8e plugs.
any idea where I can find those bkr8e plugs? sparkplugs . com didn't have them, and last summer all the parts stores I went to couldn't even get the 7e's let alone the 8s.

oh, and I also read in the prelude forum somewhere that the bkr plugs were meant for b series engines, and I needed to run zfr plugs. Anyone know if this is true?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts