Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not quite sure if this belongs in this forum, and this is prolly a noob question, but here it goes... I have a 93 Civic EX with I/H/E and a skunk 2 ecu. If I advanced the timing 4 degrees and run with 92 octane, will I detonate at all. The evn bigger question is, would I see any gains that would make it worth it. TIA

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
wheatfroggy17 said:
Not quite sure if this belongs in this forum, and this is prolly a noob question, but here it goes... I have a 93 Civic EX with I/H/E and a skunk 2 ecu. If I advanced the timing 4 degrees and run with 92 octane, will I detonate at all. The evn bigger question is, would I see any gains that would make it worth it. TIA
Its not worth it IMO.. you wont have a much faster car at all and i would always be worried of detonation.. yeah skunk 2 chips suckkkkk

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
fuco8210 said:
Its not worth it IMO.. you wont have a much faster car at all and i would always be worried of detonation.. yeah skunk 2 chips suckkkkk
skunk2 chips are alright..the real ones are. i tried one long ago and didnt feel bad at all.

but the ebay one suck ass

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the REAL Skunk 2 chip... so it isn't worth anything? No power? I put the exhaust and ECU in all at once and felt some power... so it really is worth crap?

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
wheatfroggy17 said:
I have the REAL Skunk 2 chip... so it isn't worth anything? No power? I put the exhaust and ECU in all at once and felt some power... so it really is worth crap?
skunk2 makes real ecu chips? i thought they only made ecus from them. or is urs a ebay chip claimin to be a skunk2 chip?

chips usally suck because the program is not designed for ur car.unless u have the chip and use a vafc to have it tuned.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Honestly i would just go off the timing marks on the pulley if you want to run a little bit of advanced timing set it at 18 degrees advance. You could goto 20degrees advance but i'm not sure if you have anything to monitor knock or detect detonation if you want to run the 20degrees call summit or jegs and order yourself a MSD knock alert that should help you out.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
asianpride559 said:
skunk2 makes real ecu chips? i thought they only made ecus from them. or is urs a ebay chip claimin to be a skunk2 chip?

chips usally suck because the program is not designed for ur car.unless u have the chip and use a vafc to have it tuned.
I'm sorry, I have a realy ECU from modacar.com

550whp said:
Honestly i would just go off the timing marks on the pulley if you want to run a little bit of advanced timing set it at 18 degrees advance. You could goto 20degrees advance but i'm not sure if you have anything to monitor knock or detect detonation if you want to run the 20degrees call summit or jegs and order yourself a MSD knock alert that should help you out.
18, 20, and 22 degrees? :confused

1 - 8 of 8 Posts