Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i don't noe anything about nitrous but i alway hear domestic guys talking at my skool about people who spray too early? example:
guy:"He lost to me cus he sprayed in second..he sprayed too early..he should have sprayed in third"

so my question is does it matter when u spray? i thought you can just keep on sprayin till ur motor blows?

· Registered
801 Posts
Spray when you are losing :D

But seriously you can spray in any gear (except in first you would most likely lose traction) but you dont want to spray until you are at a high enough rpm 3000+ is usually good. Especially if you have a wet kit because if the air in the intake manifold doesnt have enough velocity the fuel could fall down, pool up and start on fire. I dont think its common but it has happened.

· Registered
226 Posts
the only reason why i could imagine those domestic guys saying that is because they have so much power that when they spray the nitrous, their tires don't catch traction:confused: ...which is totally possible though

one big reason why people shouldn't spray "too early" is not getting traction

edit: or in a weak gear (i.e. a bad gear or fifth gear)

· Registered
4,608 Posts
well traction too but with domestic cars they already have a grip load of torque under their belt, so getting good traction from the start needs a lot of practice and skill. they can easily spin their tires w/o the need of nitrous. also spraying off the bat is really dangerous... just remember to spray when you go over 3k rpm.

· Registered
20,271 Posts
azian21485 said:
i don't noe anything about nitrous but i alway hear domestic guys talking at my skool about people who spray too early? example:
guy:"He lost to me cus he sprayed in second..he sprayed too early..he should have sprayed in third"

so my question is does it matter when u spray? i thought you can just keep on sprayin till ur motor blows?
yea sometimes you just have to know when to squeeze. the time when you should hit it is when you have traction. most people dont do 1st gear and sometimes even 2nd because of traction issues. when running on street tires i cant squeeze till third gear because of traction issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.