Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you need to retard your ignition timing 4 degrees how do you do it. (running a 75 shot of NOS) do you have to have a new ignition like a MSD DIS 8 which is adjustable

· Registered
48 Posts
ignition timing is done by moving the distrubuter back and forth. cam timing is set with cam gears. ignition timing times when your spark plugs will spark and cam timing is to time when the intake exhaust valves are going to open and close for air.

Jay

· Registered
48 Posts
integralsWFO said:
When you need to retard your ignition timing 4 degrees how do you do it. (running a 75 shot of NOS) do you have to have a new ignition like a MSD DIS 8 which is adjustable
move the distrubutor forward on the intake cam. if you want to retard like 4 degrees, you will need a timing gun and point it at you crank and see the marks. i'll be posting some pics and stuff on www. h o n d a net.org, so check it out if you want. btw, copy and paste and remove the spaces...

Jay

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Someone told me you can only move the distributor 2 degrees retard or advance is this true

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok I a another hard question Say you wanted to retard your timing on a new i-vtec with vtc they advance and reatard timing automatically how would you retard it if say you were some how running a large shot of NOS or a turbo if one even exists for a RSX.

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the help on the first question. I already new that cam timing and ignition timing were two different things I just needed help proving it to someone else. Does anyone know the answer to the timing on the i-vtec

· Registered
195 Posts
integralsWFO said:
thanks for the help on the first question. I already new that cam timing and ignition timing were two different things I just needed help proving it to someone else. Does anyone know the answer to the timing on the i-vtec
Whoa, a new vtec k-series engine eh?? I know with the obd-2 and up u need an aftermarket retarder, becuase of the ecu resetting timing, I think. So that may be the case of your car too. That might or might not help you, because your timing adjusts per rpm right, or something like that??? Damn these new K motors!!!!!!:mad:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.