Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Any SUV as a fairly higher rollover rate. As long as you don't drive it like you're qualifying for Talladega you should be ok. Check around on Google to see what you can find out.

·
Registered
395 Posts
i've owned mine since it was new in 04 and have never had any close calls nor ever heard of any other elements rolling over.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been driving my 07 EX 4x4 like a bat out of he**, and haven't ever felt any instability. We go down a 5 mile gravel road nearby and drive the E like a rally car, and it does very well.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I've been driving my 07 EX 4x4 like a bat out of he**, and haven't ever felt any instability. We go down a 5 mile gravel road nearby and drive the E like a rally car, and it does very well.
I'm with you. I drive my E pretty hard and I have never felt like it was going to tip.

If you're really that concerned, check out The EOC. It's a great resource for all things element.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
I was talking to my brother yesterday and he was telling me that Elements have a high risk of tipping over. He has personally seen a few that had taken a plunge. Can anybody verify this, I had the element on my list to check out but not if its a tip over bug?
well, if that scares you away from the element(which i wanted as well) try the new cr-v. i drove one the other day. good pep(not crazy fast but respectable for stock), great braking that takes getting used to, and just damn straight comfortable to be in. it compares easily with the lexus rs's of 99-03 both of which i have driven. my goal now is to have the integra and SiR as toys and have a crv as a daily.

·
Registered
13,558 Posts
I'm with you. I drive my E pretty hard and I have never felt like it was going to tip.

If you're really that concerned, check out The EOC. It's a great resource for all things element.
she speaks the truth.

she drive like a madman :hug

and never once did her E feel like it was going to tip over

·
Registered
195 Posts
I was talking to my brother yesterday and he was telling me that Elements have a high risk of tipping over. He has personally seen a few that had taken a plunge. Can anybody verify this, I had the element on my list to check out but not if its a tip over bug?
your brother didnt know what he was talking about. first look, the element looks like it could tip easy but they dont, people drift them all the time. as seen above hahaha. its not a truck or anything its really only an suv by technical terms, definately doesnt drive like one

·
Registered
1,174 Posts

they seem to be doing fine..:hehe
That's a RWD element with a V6 and no interior and a wide wheel base, don't drive it around a 90* turn at 60 and it won't flip. I've driven my V around turns at 80, done just fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts