Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to install my front and rear Cross Drilled Slotted rotors before i put on my rims next week does anyone have any tips or helpful hints? Also do in need to change my front and rear brake pads right away to better ones or can i keep the stock ones for a couple of weeks? If so what do you suggest?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Actually swapping out The rotors is pretty easy, I have a 95 Civic EX which i put powerstop cross drilled rotors on. What you do is loosen a couple bolts and the caliper slides up out of your way,
My car has two scres holding the Rotor on, which I just took out and the rotor just comes right off. This would be a good time to paint your calipers while you have the rotor out of the way, just clean the brake dust off best you can before you paint.

You WILL have to get new pads, you don't want to put the old ones back on. and changing the pad is pretty simple to, it's just a clip holding them on, and they only go on one way, so your set.

Make sure you put the right and left rotors on right and left side of the car,Cross drilled and/or slotted rotors are labeled for a reason.

Put everything back together and before you move your car pump the brake a few times to get the pressure back to where it should be And Test drive it Very slowly until you know your brakes are working right.

If everything checks out..you're straight..

Good Luck :)

·
Registered
547 Posts
EX plicit:

Dude you just answered a question I had...thanks for helping out.

·
Registered
145 Posts
GO to the god damn Suspension FOrum Next time :)

U will get more better answers there SInce its guys who know about suspension..

Think DUmbass *slaps your forehead*

1 - 4 of 4 Posts