Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone,

i trying to figure out if i can do an h22 swap in my 96 ex using a tiptronic auto trans. is it possible, giving that i will need the trans ecu, shifter, etc? i am in a wheelchair, so an auto h22 swap is my only choice. would i be better off w/o the tiptronic trans and just finding a h22 auto swap? what wiring would be needed and which motor, obd1 or obd2? most of the motors i've found are obd1 and i'm not sure if it will work with the tiptronic or not. sorry if this seems like a dumb question, i'm new to this.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
well tiptronic realyl isnt worth the effort, just get an auto H22 and get a new torque converter with higher stall speed and a shift kit. you'll get harder shifts and stay in your RPM range more. and tiptronic is really crap i think, the ones that i have driven with it just add a bit more "fun" to driving an auto, other than that i dont think its worth it

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea looks like tiptronic isn't the best tranny from what i've heard here. thanx for the input

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an auto B16a with alot of work done to it, and one of the tranny upgrades I did that was really worth it was adding a LSD.
Check out Phantom Grip for a low cost solution, I don't think I could keep traction without it.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
dracos2001 said:
well.. i've been "TOLD" that the H22a's auto tranny will not fit.... and that the manual tranny just barly fits... i think they're wrong, but i know its gonna take a bit of custom work to accomplish...
well why wouldnt the suto tranny work?? i mean its all cable operated just more cabels i guees

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.