Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have 98 civic hatch with 205-40-17 it is my daily driver with tire pressure should i have 4 everyday driving

·
Registered
300 Posts
i used to have 17s w/ toyo proxes on them and it said on the tire that the max pressure was around 44psi, i Think.. hi-po low-pro tires need higher pressure than regular tires, i Think.. just look at the tire and it should say wut max it's supposed to be

·
Registered
79 Posts
The MAX psi on tires are suppose to let you know that its the maximim tire psi, but you shouldn't set it right on the Max because that's the point where the tire can hold all that pressure.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what does everybody have theirs set at

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
no one can give an exact answer for this, you have to do your own testing. Off the bat id say dont put max tire pressure in, go 5psi less and see how that is. Its trial and error. It gets even worse if the car is dropped it takes more trial and error especially if the car isnt courner weighed since each side is independent. Unles you have a full coilover system but even then...ill stop blabbing now..

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
i usually run mine at a consistent 32-34 psi for daily driving

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Rule of thumb I've heard is, take 20% off the MAX and run at that.. 20% of 44psi is 8.8, roughly 9psi, which would set you around 35psi..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts