Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have my 94 teg lowered about 1/2 fingure gap in the rear and i just bought a set of wheels 205/45/16 and and i put two washer on the upper control arm behind both screws on each side to adjust my camber. when i push down on the car on jack the cars tire into the wheel well it doesn't rub, but only when i make a left hand turn the tire rubs real bad. over the winter i hit a curb doing dough nuts but not real bad didn't even mess up the wheel cover not sure if maybe that made something loose or what. but like i said it fits in the wheel well perfect and with room to spare. when i make a right hand turn it doesn't rub, so if any one can help please do.

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was thinking about doing that but that would just get ride of the noise not the prob of the wheel leaning out wheni turn. but thanks though

· Registered
94 Posts
I had the same problem on my teg. I had the fenders rolled and I have not had a problem since.

· Registered
6,555 Posts
take your car to an alignment shop and see if the
camber is the same on both rear wheels.
if its not the same then when you hit the curb you must of bent someting. dont bother doing any body work to make the rim fit if you have someting that's bent or out of specs.

· Registered
1,017 Posts
Yes, take it in and have the alignment checked. That is the only way you will know for sure what the problem is.

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i was going to get that done next week when i get my fornt camber kit. i just was going to try to fix it my self for the time being. thanks for the help.

· Registered
806 Posts
do you have aftermarket struts?

to roll the fenders, raise the car, then get a baseball bat and stick it between thetire and the fender, tehn roll it across, pushing the metal in and up.

· Registered
1,221 Posts
infofree said:
I am new to superhonda.com, but I have been a gearhead for years.

Can you explain what "rolling the fenders" is and what is done, and how that affects me/my car/the ride, etc?

Chad
welcome.

rolling the fenders is when you take something like a baseball bat and place it between the fender and the wheel and manipulate the metal around so it "rolls" out a bit more away from the wheel/tire so that you possibly have less rubbing, its not just honda guys that do it...but a lot of people with lowered cars and rubbing problems...and not everyone does it to a car thats lowered because of looks, some racecar guys do it and things like that....but the problems of it is it can make the metal weak or even the paint chip which looks like crap and it can rust and a body shop might have trouble repainting it because of the brittle metal from it if its done too extreme or unproperly...theres no "real" way to do it, but most performance shops have a guy that can do it pretty well without breaking anything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.