Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't keep the tires planted on the ground when vtec hits. I have a spoon b18c5 in my 95 teg and everytime it hits 8k the tires start spinnig. I've got lsd by cusco and advan ao43's but nothing seems to work any ideas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
661 Posts
spoontegat12k said:
Can't keep the tires planted on the ground when vtec hits. I have a spoon b18c5 in my 95 teg and everytime it hits 8k the tires start spinnig. I've got lsd by cusco and advan ao43's but nothing seems to work any ideas
I'm seriously hoping you mean your tires spin at 5K, not 8K.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,144 Posts
May I suggest buying a car that's not FWD? :D A car that puts the drive wheels where the weight goes under acceleration?

Traction bars are a good idea. Slicks too but if you're looking for traction on the street, try a set of Nitto 555R street-legal drag radials in the widest size you can fit. Mine hooked up pretty well, and unlike sport/race tires, they don't have a very stiff sidewall and it isn't even a full radial (both of which make it handle/respond to steering inputs like complete shit). Worth a shot. I'd sell ya mine but you probably don't want 14"s haha.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,657 Posts
traction bars dont help spinning ,t hey help hoppinh .
what kinda mods do you have to do that ? the only time i could do it NA in mine is when it was wet or my tires needed replacing .
and i was runnign mid 13's consistantly NA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My motor redlines at 12,500 rpms to who ever said 5k, not to be mean or anything but 5k vtec is for beginers. thanks for the tips i have 15x7 work wheels right now but one of you said go widder, How much wider. the tire is 205/50/r15 right know thanks for the help ill tell you what works the best
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,111 Posts
spoontegat12k said:
My motor redlines at 12,500 rpms to who ever said 5k, not to be mean or anything but 5k vtec is for beginers. thanks for the tips i have 15x7 work wheels right now but one of you said go widder, How much wider. the tire is 205/50/r15 right know thanks for the help ill tell you what works the best

and what kind of cams are you using for that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,111 Posts
spoontegat12k said:
more than you ever will
this is too funny.......

"Introducing the infamous Spoon Racing Camshafts! The ultimate road race cam, Spoon cams are developed to produce greater mid to high RPM range power without sacrificing low rpm torque. Spoon cams are manufactured and machined by Honda according to Spoon specifications. Spoon cams must be tuned with adjustable cam sprockets to obtain maximum power gains. Valve clearance is suggested (IN 0.18mm +/-0.02) (EX 0.22mm +/- 0.02). Spoon cams even come with a spec sheet showing the measurments of each individual cam lobe! Whenever performance camshafts are installed, we recommend the use of stiffer high-performance valve springs to eliminate the chance of valve float. Factory B16A/B18C1 valve springs cam handle up to 8,300rpm, while the use of aftermarket springs can handle revs in excess of 9,000rpm. For Type-R owners, we recommend to at least add titanium retainers to your existing factory setup. "

commentary on the cams

intake

primary lift 33.73
max lift 11.53
action angle (duration) 256

exhaust


primary lift 33.43
max lift 11.13
action angle (duration) 245


as per spoon catalog.....so tell me again why you are shifting that high.....bwahahahahahahahah this is a joke
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
because that is there peak but still make power up till 12 and a higher rpm = longer gears which = faster car besides you dont even know what else is done to the teg, oh and by the way the motor is a spoon crate motor striaght from japan set up by spoon them selves
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,111 Posts
spoontegat12k said:
because that is there peak but still make power up till 12 and a higher rpm = longer gears which = faster car besides you dont even know what else is done to the teg, oh and by the way the motor is a spoon crate motor striaght from japan set up by spoon them selves

great, a spoon crate motor is just a BALANCED and BLUEPRINTED stock ITR motor, spoon cams dont make power that high, stock compression on an ITR motor will not support power that high, d00d just give up, your motor does not make power that high and you are ignorant for thinking that it does....stop now, before you get yourself butt hurt by someone worse then me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,272 Posts
Wtf is with all these newbs and their claims?

When I came here I had an open mind and didn't go tellin everyone BS.

Man, go hop back in your del sol d15 with z3 fenders, and get outta here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
514 Posts
spoontegat12k said:
Can't keep the tires planted on the ground when vtec hits. I it hits 8k the tires start spinnig.

tires planted on the ground what do u think u have a 500 hp mustang its a spoon motor... I hope u mean spin tires all the way up to 8 grand, by the way are u only revving to 8 grand ?? how much hp those your motor make? have u taken it to the dyno ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,111 Posts
Re: Re: tire spin

NyceCx said:
tires planted on the ground what do u think u have a 500 hp mustang its a spoon motor... I hope u mean spin tires all the way up to 8 grand, by the way are u only revving to 8 grand ?? how much hp those your motor make? have u taken it to the dyno ?

his rev limiter is set to 12.5k w/ his spoon cams that make power all the way up to 9k.....LOL
 
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top