Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, why r my tires spinning up so easily? ive got a 98 lude non sh with 124 k on it with brand new sumitomo tires on it. why is this? also, after the blizzard this weekend i was out ripping redicilous ebrakes and my steering wheel shakes now when i drive. is this my alignment? idk why i was doing this, i dont really drive the car that much except for the winter than the sti is hibernating but i need to have the lude mint. whats the deal here, anyone know? will a simple alignment fix this? lemme know

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
id whip the sti in the winter but i dont like looking at little pieces of my paint missing after the salt trucks throw it into the sides. im just concerned why my steering wheel was shaking so much, any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
it could be a few of these things..

1. when you got your new tires they were not balanced correctly. If you have access to a machine I would check that out just to be 100% sure. This will also cause the steering wheel to shake.

2. You said you ripped on the brakes alot? Your rotors could have warped. This may have been possible if they got really hot and you didn't give your breaks a chance to cool down. When was the last time you changed them?

3. like someone said, the snow getting in and around your tires may be causing this.. wash your car and see what happens.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
how new are the tires?

brand spankin new tires dont usually grip well till you put a few miles on them

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
same thing happened to me liek 2 years ago in my old car. i was doing some ebrake donuts and the next day i was going to work and the steering wheel was shaking real bad only over like 45mph, i drove it around for a while and the next day i got in it n she drove fine. just give it a few days and if its stil bad get it checked out.

·
Registered
526 Posts
ganjgremlin said:
hey, why r my tires spinning up so easily? ive got a 98 lude non sh with 124 k on it with brand new sumitomo tires on it. why is this? also, after the blizzard this weekend i was out ripping redicilous ebrakes and my steering wheel shakes now when i drive. is this my alignment? idk why i was doing this, i dont really drive the car that much except for the winter than the sti is hibernating but i need to have the lude mint. whats the deal here, anyone know? will a simple alignment fix this? lemme know
GET LSD SIMPLAE AS THAT :D

·
Registered
486 Posts
Your in luck bro......

there was a snow storm last weekend here and I had the same problem.

it's just snow inside of your rims, just poke it out with a stick or you snow scraper. Mainly the front two but try all four a walla........problem fix.

as for the spinning maybe your tires are for dry weather only.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.