Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
honestly I wouldn't go lower than a 45 or 40 series cause once you go lower than that the sidewall is so small your viable to bending your rim on potholes and such. the more sidewall the smoother the ride.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
eh i wouldnt say that...watch he will post up some pics of an s2000 with some 17inch volks with a fully built turbo setup. you never know :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know, maybe the guy that posted this question dosent know much about tires. Maybe he posted this question to see what's what. MAYBE he wanted to learn about tires and afterall this is a place were you learn not were you judge people by what types of questions they ask. YOU @$$

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
how wide are the rims and whats the offset?
most common size tire used with 17x7 rims is 205/40 on acura's/honda's

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
yea, a 40 series tire would be ideal for a 17'' rim. but it will ride really rough

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Not to steal your thread buddy so I will post a recomendation

205/40's or 205/45's IMO the 40's look better but the 45's ride better and provide more protection which is allways good

But I also have a question regaurding tires.What are some good tires that are 14's,I just went from my 17's to 14's and I want some bad ass tires to justify the swap.I want 50 series,they dont have to be the best as far as all wheather but I want good traction around turns and pulling out hard(not at the strip hard)

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
98civic4door said:
Not to steal your thread buddy so I will post a recomendation

205/40's or 205/45's IMO the 40's look better but the 45's ride better and provide more protection which is allways good

But I also have a question regaurding tires.What are some good tires that are 14's,I just went from my 17's to 14's and I want some bad ass tires to justify the swap.I want 50 series,they dont have to be the best as far as all wheather but I want good traction around turns and pulling out hard(not at the strip hard)
the falken azenis. they come in a 195/60/14 and are the ideal street tire for twisties. i have em and i have only got them to squeal around corners a few times(mainly cause i dont like taking 90 degree corners at 60mph+ on the streets)

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
BFK_SI_EG said:
the falken azenis. they come in a 195/60/14 and are the ideal street tire for twisties. i have em and i have only got them to squeal around corners a few times(mainly cause i dont like taking 90 degree corners at 60mph+ on the streets)
how much did they cost ya

1 - 13 of 13 Posts